“Cold Shower - Brrrrr!”

Economy Inn & Suites
Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Nephi
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was tempted to give this place a terrible or poor rating, but it was clean, quiet and reasonably priced. It was also right off the 15 and easy to find. On the other hand, we had no hot water, so we shivered through a quick, cold shower. The breakfast was very disappointing. The sign said breakfast was available between 6 and 9:30 am, but I was there at 6:55 and nothing was available. The "hot" water for my tea was tepid, there was no waffle batter in the batter dispenser, and the coffee was terrible. When we left at 8:00 am, the breakfast was finally available, but still not very impressive. The room was a good size, but there was no microwave or fridge. I did not receive the warm fuzzies from the staff, as some other reviewers indicated. I would not recommend this place, because there are other motels in Nephi. I would only stay there again if it was the only place available.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eileen H

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location was convenient.Was great place to stay, Staff very friendly and helpful.I felt I really got a great deal.The kids really enjoyed the pool.Overall hotel was nice,clean and quite.We will absolute come back in future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Travelling back from Arizona to Calgary, I found this hotel a great stopping point after a 1000 km drive. The hotel is easy to find, just off Exit 225 on I-15. It's well managed with large rooms that included a table and a fridge. It is super clean and the staff are warm and inviting (it helps if you know something about the Punjab so you could connect with the family who run it).

There is a minimalist breakfast counter in the lobby if you want coffee and muffins or cinnamon buns. While it isn't in an exciting location, there is a Wendy's across the street as well as well-stocked convenience stores just a couple hundred metres away if you want to make your own breakfast or lunch

Room Tip: For Canadians travelling to or from Phoenix or Yuma, this stop means you've covered 40% of your...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
EconomyLodge123, Manager at Economy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your response.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My father and traveled here to hike Mt Nebo. The hotel was easy to find and right off of the interstate.

Staff was pleasant at check-in.

Room was clean. It was nice that there was both a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom small; but everything worked great.

For the cheap price - great find.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RLK655
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have family in the Nephi area and travel from New York State once or twice a year. This little hotel was a great find, easy access from the interstate and back to area main roads. It is clean, comfy, and economical. The desk staff is very friendly and supportive. Cleaning staff very good and quick to supply extra pillow, towels, whatever you need. I have stayed several times over the past few years and am booked for this month. It is my little home away from home. Not a problem for me, but I would not recommend it for day sleepers as the tire company next door gets busy during the daytime.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband & I had checked in after a long day of driving from Montana & when it came time to go to sleep, the ice machine across the hall was so loud, could hear the whistle from the water filling it, & all the noise from the machine itself, I couldn't sleep. I rang the desk clerk to complain, and asked him if I could change rooms, & his response was that I would have to pay for another room. I have worked in the hotel industry for years & have never treated a customer that way. There was 5 cars in the parking lot, so there should have been a room available. The room itself was dusty upon check in, & we found an empty cup with a used nasal strip beside it. Ewww. It was a non smoking room with cigarette burns all over the place. The beds were hard, & if we weren't so tired, we would have left immediately. I do NOT want anyone else to have the torment that we endured. Pass this hotel, & stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Denise F
super8nephi, General Manager at Economy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the last general manager not giving you a differnt room to stay in because of the problems you had. We also apologize for our maids not cleaning the room and picking up the trash that was left by the last customer. The ice machine had some problems and we have fixed it. We are very sorry for the problems that occured while your stay at our motel.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I pulled into the Economy Lodge on our way home from a 3700 mile road trip. It was recommended by the gas station next door so we felt safe. We did ask to see a room and it looked ok. After registering at the front desk, we realized they had no air conditioning in the hallways. The carpets in the hallways are well worn. They did however have a nice large indoor pool which we took advantage of. The surroundings of the pool were not clean. We also noticed that it looked like quite a few of the screens on the outside windows were partially pryed off. When I went to ask the woman at the front desk for quarters to do wash. She informed me that they do not have quarters and I would have to go back to the gas station and ask for some. In fact, she stated that the people running the gas station would not mind at all. When I went over and asked for quarters and explained the situation, they were more than a little perturbed. Only the second floor has 1 washer and dryer. Their ice machine up there had an out of order sign on it that looked like it had been there for quite some time. Went to crawl into bed and noticed that the bottom fitted sheet did not fit. It was barely over the corners. I went again to the front desk and explained the situation. She handed me a new king size fitted sheet and never once offered to come and fix it. So needless to say, my husband and I needed to remake the bed. When we took it all apart, we noticed that the box springs were holey and filthy.
When we went to check out in the morning, I explained the situation with the sheets and asked for a discount. He immediately followed me, along with 2 housekeepers, to the room. It was discovered that the original sheet had been put on the bed incorrectly when it was made, but it was the correct size. Therefore, we were not entitled to any type of discount. I have nevere encountered this type of poor service in all of the traveleing we have done.
The bed and pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. I believe this could b a very nice place if it was updated and kept clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple