“Good to change things up a bit”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grinders-super Grinders
Ranked #53 of 77 Restaurants in Murray
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Good to change things up a bit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Slow service is true. But I did like the sandwiches. The seafood and cream cheese was very good. The turkey avocado was also very good. The price keeps me from coming back regularly and on the occasions I did drive by wanting to go there, the drive thru line was so long that I changed my mind. I like good value and quick service, so that keeps me from frequenting this place. It's not overpriced, but it's not a super value either. And again, service is seriously slow. I don't complain about slow service unless it really is SLOW service. You wonder if they forgot about you. If there is any kind of a line at the drive thru then I won't consider going there. It's just such a long wait. It's like they run to the store for each order to pick up the ingredients.

• Visited September 2013

Murray, Utah
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to super grinders for the first time today. I got a turkey club, medium coke and a medium fry. It took them 15 minutes to cook it, and they waited to provide my drink until the meal was done. But they forgot my drink. When I got the medium coke it was the size of a small at any other place. The medium fry was tiny too. The sub was long but really skinny and the bun was destroyed. It did not seem like they care about the product. They provided me with one tine fry sauce and when I asked for some more She huffed and told me it would be 30 cents. I was disappointed with how the girl at the register acted like I was a bother. In the back the cook had on a beer shirt. It was not professional at all. I will never go here again and I will tell all my friends to avoid going there as well. I would give it 1 out of 10.

• Visited June 2013
West Valley City, Utah
“Nice change from fast food sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The seafood crab was very good, the turkey bacon avocado was very good. Very different from getting a Subway or chain restaurant sandwich.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Old and over ripe produce...sketchy meat....call the health inspector. Dont eat here. Rude leadership.

1 Thank steerjocksly
Murray
“Ordered the Peppersteak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

First thing in the door, they told us the dinning room was closed, it was 7:30 pm, I guess we looked like we would make such a big mess they didn't want us to stay.
We placed an ordered for the pepper steak sandwiches to go. When we got back home, only a few minutes away, the sandwiches were barely warm. Consistency of the meat was like finely chopped ground beef, (Taco Meat) with very little cheese and a little bit of lettuce. If there were any other condiments on the sandwich they were so lite one couldn't tell. The roll or more like baguette, was fresh however was smaller than one would expect from a great sandwich shop. The meat was dry and what cheese was present didn't help add to the moisture level at all. Overall flavor of the sandwich was pretty tasty. It would have been much better if the meat wasn't chopped so fine and it had additional cheese, condiments more peppers on a bigger roll.
This was my first and last time I will go to this sandwich shop, next time I will drive a bit further out to West Valley and hit Grinders 13 on 2200 West and 2100 South where the pepper steak sandwiches are really good and I have always been able to sit down and enjoy my meal.

• Visited April 2012