WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Studio 6 Salt Lake City - Fort Union
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Murray
Wyoming
“Bugs, uncomfortable beds, and bad service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Ok, I am not a hotel snob. I can put up with some pretty simple hotel rooms as long as they are clean. This was, by far, the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at! My husband and I stayed there for two nights while I was having a medical procedure done at Intermountain Medical Center. They did give us a 10% discount because of the medical nature of our visit, so that is the ONE positive. The first night there, we found a few small black beetles in the kitchen/bathroom area. In the bathroom, there was gunky dirty stuff splattered on the walls here and there (disgusting!). We were right near the stairs and people were sitting on the stairs smoking, and all the smoke was blowing right into our room (either through the doorway or the AC unit). Apparently Utah state law states that people must smoke 25 ft away from any building, but that didn't stop them. The beds were horribly uncomfortable so I barely slept both nights, which was NOT good when you're having outpatient surgery. The next morning while I was brushing my teeth, a big spider crawled out of my towel almost right onto my hand! We were woken up numerous times both nights with loud noises (people arguing, furniture being moved, loud music/TV, etc). The room was just not clean; there was filth on the floor on both sides of the night stand, splatters on the kitchen and bathroom walls, etc. We were going to try to find another place to stay, but having just come out of surgery, I couldn't handle moving to another hotel. The morning we left, I spoke with a lady at the front desk. As I was telling her the issues, she actually had a slight smile on her face, wouldn't look at me, said "sorry about that," then walked away! Seriously, if you don't HAVE to stay here... DON'T!

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, don't pick a room near the stairs! People smoke on the stairs and it...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tniisha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

In the Salt Lake City area for business for 5 weeks. This property is exactly what is needed for an extended stay. The rooms are clean, modern, and affordable. The mini kitchen was such a nice addition. It offered me the ability to stay in and eat. The location is right next to running trails which are peaceful and makes you feel off the beaten path.

I would highly recommend this location to anyone staying in this area for an extended amount of time.

Room Tip: My room was on the upper floor in the middle of a two story building, and it was quiet even though t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Nice, clean, affordable long-term studio hotel complete with kitchens, stove, dishes, cable, and free wi-fi, as well as pet-friendly. Near interstate 215 and all the ski resorts. Ask for the weekly or monthly rate and your daily rate is only 35/day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tommy B
Guardamar del segura
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We're here for 2 nights so wanted somewhere nice, and this is.. It has a little kitchenette as well as all the other mod cons.. Downside being no breakfast, but, hey, We've got a toaster! Very clean, comfortable ,, either quite new or recently renovated.. I could actually imagine staying here for a while. We did have to pay for our wifi.. First time in our extended road trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I guess it is true you get what you pay for. The service is not very good. The staff tells you one thing and then they don't follow through. Had to call to the front desk and then they make you feel like they are doing you a favor when they do help you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

First at check in we had to pay for Internet service, second we were warned that it was very very slow to the point of not working. I had requested a non smoking room, my room reeked of smoke, reeked. I actually went out to buy a odor neutralizer. We couldn't complain to front desk because it closed at 7:30. Lights in the bathroom flickered like a haunted house. It was the first time in a hotel that I felt I had to spray Lysol on everything.
To top it all the bed sheets had long black hairs on it and a mystery stain that turned out to be a squashed bug between the fitted sheet and mattress.
Beware that it is an extended stay hotel so I'm guessing some people stay there for months...at night there's barely any lighting, some seedy people roaming the parking lot and the front office closes at 7:30.
We ended up leaving after :30 minutes of walking into the room.
Just don't stay here. I'm saving you the trouble.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Elko, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I thought because I was in a nice area I could avoid this problem. . Some guy came up and asked me for a ride to dunkin donuts at 2 am.
I thought this was a family environment and the room smells like ciggerates when we asked for a non smoking room !! I will never bring my family here again I upgraded and went to crystal inn.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#17 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Cottonwood
Extended Stay America - Salt Lake City - Union Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Midvale/Sandy
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Murray

Been to Studio 6 Salt Lake City - Fort Union? Share your experiences!