“Even better then expected”

Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Murray
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Even better then expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel based on reviews and was happily surprised by how excellent the stay was. The people who work here are outstanding and do everything they can to make your stay easy and enjoyable. We skied for the week, and although was a bus ride away, we saved so much money that it made the extra travel worth it. The amenities are great, breakfast hot tub and transportation just like they advertised were all my favorite part. I would recommend it in a heart beat!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank amandaOS15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kirksville, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

My son and I spent one night at this hotel in October 2012. We had a pleasant stay at the hotel but unfortunately the experience was spoiled by the theft of an iPod that I am certain I had left in the room. I informed the hotel management about the missing item and I told them that I was certain that it had been left in the room. I heard back from an assistant manager who said that "we ... have no doubt that had your item been in the room it would have been there when we checked". In other words, the assistant manager is saying that I hadn't really lost my iPod in the hotel. Why would I, as a guest, fabricate such a story? I would have absolutely nothing to gain by doing that! The assistant manager goes on to say "...I have had that particular supervisor turn in items much more expensive than an IPOD including jewelry, electronics ...". If the employee had stolen jewelry worth say 10 times as much as an iPod that would have certainly triggered a police investigation. He is probably unaware that iPods are among the most frequently stolen items in the US today. I found the general tone of his response very condescending. Not only did I have an item stolen from me at Crystal Inn, but a representative of the hotel was accusing me of lying about the matter. So much for customer satisfaction! Why send out a customer satisfaction survey if you are going to be so dismissive when a customer has a problem?
Advice to higher management: (1) Institute policies that make it harder for cleaning staff to appropriate the belongings of guests. (2) Train your managerial staff to take complaints seriously and to treat your customers with respect. In particular, instruct them not to accuse the customer of lying when there is a complaint about a theft.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sufern321
crystalstar9, Director of Sales at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the experience you had. We do take these types of situations very seriously. We keep separate records of any inappropriate theft or missing items and take necessary investigative steps in those occurrences as well as use the tracking records for common themes and staff members. We are proud at the low number of times these occurrences take place. With that being said, thanks to your feedback, we have changed a part of our policy and taken necessary steps that will help us strive to be better and hopefully prevent from happening in the future. Thank you for your feedback.
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Salt Lake. Close to ski resorts and easy to get all around the valley. We had business all over the valley. This was close to plenty of places to eat. They do provide a breakfast and a light dinner if you do not feel like going out. They have very nice, clean and larger rooms. The beds are also great. Pricing is excellent for the area. Staff is helpful. It was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve M
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location of this hotel made traveling over the Thanksgiving weekend convenient. The room was a good size and had everything we needed. I did not notice noise from other guests, but did hear a diesel truck every morning from the business just east of the hotel.

The room was clean when we arrived, but our floors weren't vaccuumed during our stay even though there was visible lint from the towels.

The towels shed a lot of cotton fluff at each use. Also the sheets and towels still smelled of bleach--so they are clean but a little irritating to sensitive skin.

Our teenager used the sofa bed one night and complained that it would've been more comfortable to just sleep on it like a couch.

All in all, still a decent place to stay but if you're looking for luxury this is not the place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd-4th floor on the west side should be the quietest.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in SLC. I come over for work reasons 2 - 4 times a year. There is a full breakfast every morning and a nice "light" dinner in the evening. The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet. The WiFi has always worked well for me. It is also close to a Starbucks, lots of restaurants, Costco, Sams Club and a mall. It is close to I-215 and State St (which is a major North - South highway that leads directly to downtown SLC.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and it was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sundance
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the crystal inn in Murray primarily for the location and price at first, but after spending 5 nights there for a craft show, i was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness, clean rooms, free breakfast and light supper. parking was plenty of room for a trailer. quick and easy access to main streets as this was my first trip to salt lake. close to great places to eat out; like applebees and the olive garden. i did not have time to check out the pool or other amenities, but if i ever go back to salt lake, i will stay here again.
the rates were great and the motel seemed to go that extra mile with about anything a traveler would need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a Skiing trip in March 2012. I doubt there is a better deal anywhere than this hotel. The bus stop for Alta and Snowbird is about 30 seconds away. They pick you up from and drop you off at the Airport and also offer a local shuttle in the evening. They have discounted lift tickets. The local ski rental places will pick you up and pick your stuff up and the end of the rental.

The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast was decent enough, didn't try dinner.

The rooms are large. The only issues were the fridge making too much noise and the sinks not being in the bathrooms, but those are minor, really.

We enjoyed the hot tub every night as well and the general atmosphere of the hotel is friendly and inviting. We will very likely stay here again when we ski in SLC.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Govnor1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt ...
#16 of 75 in Salt Lake City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City-Midvale/Sandy
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City/Cottonwood
The Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City – Midvale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salt Lake City South-Murray

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Midvalley - Murray? Share your experiences!