“I don't know what you are asking”

BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Carmel
Manchester. Mo, United States
“I don't know what you are asking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

They had very comfortable beds and I liked the choice of pillows. Everything was very clean. Please change the type of air conditioners so they can be made cooler and the fan doesn't go on and off all night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for your nice review! I really dislike hotel air/heating too! Send me information on where to find a unit you describe and I will gladly buy them! I have never stayed in a motel yet that does not have this problem, unless it has some sort of central air and that I have never seen. Some units throughout the hotel are newer than others, but replacing air conditioning units is something we do on a constant basic. We are in the southwest desert, and although the east side of the park is at 5200 feet vs 4000 feet on the south side, it's still hot up here. One problem we run into is that guests leave their doors open and run the air and then they freeze up. In that case all that can be done is to unfreeze them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having tried unsuccessfully to find a hotel in Kanab we travelled further afield and found this Best Western another 30 minutes along route 89 in Southern Utah. The hotel has an unusual choice of bedroom furniture giving it a rural cosy feel and not like the normal 'contemporary' furnishing that you find as standard. Most impressive was the size of the room in which we could have held a barn dance. Great view of the golf course and mountains and we caught a beautiful sunset which was a real bonus. The adjoining restaurant and only place to eat was expensive for the portions but the food was cooked to order and well presented. We didn't try the pies for which the place is most famous but they did look very good. Unfortunately the pool was being renovated and the hotel does not have a fitness centre but a few rounds of gold on the nine hole course should do the trick for anyone wanting to burn off the calories from eating all the pies.

Room Tip: There isn't a lift for the second floor so travel light or make sure you get a ground floor room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your nice review, but I need to add corrections so other travelers are not confused. Kanab is 17 miles and all along a gorgeous fast paced scenic byway. The Thunderbird Restaurant is the only restaurant directly outside your room, but there are others nearby including: Golden Hills across the street, Subway across the street, Buffalo Grill a few miles away on the road to Zion, Buffalo Bistro a few miles north in Glendale, Soup town 5 miles away in Orderville.

I would like to add that while the pool was being renovated every guests that supplied us with an email was contacted about the pool and they were given a chance to change the location of their reservations.

The swimming pool and hot tub are now open and have now been totally refurbished! I could not believe the contractors. They were so far behind on their deadline of May 15, and they still took off weekends and holidays! There was nothing we could do. Thank you for your review.
Medford, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I really liked this place. I recently came back from a week long stay in southern Utah and wanted to be close to Zion National Park for the last 2 days of my trip.
The room was very spacious with pretty wood furnishings,a Keurig coffee maker , a fridge and even a little patio/balcony. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. No meals are included but I LOVED the restaurant that is right next door-good home/country cooking.
I am also sensitive to parking lot noise and doors ,etc. and I have to say it was SO nice and quiet. I slept well!
There are also convenient washing machines!!
The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is because the swimming pool was closed for repairs. I was pretty disappointed with that as it was Hot but I was busy anyway exploring Zion!
All in all a really good place. Keep up the good work!!(But get the pool fixed please) :)

Room Tip: Would recommend getting a 2nd room floor so you won't hear the cars in parking lot(but as I said...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Good news! The swimming pool and hot tub are open and have now been totally refurbished! I could not believe the contractors. They were so far behind on their deadline of May 15, and they still took off weekends and holidays! There was nothing we could do. Thank you for your review.
Grapevine, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel was the by far the best place that we stayed during our ten day vacation. Two nights and it was great. Great time playing golf at the local 9 hole course. This is an exceptional value! Clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff really did care that we chose to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
You brighten my day like a ray of sunshine. Thank you for much for enjoying your vacation and for staying with us!
Arnold, MD., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

A wonderful hotel wtht 5 Star Service, a nice restaurant. Relax, maybe get a round of golf on the 9 hole course and enjoy the scenery. I have been staying at this hotel on a regular basic, in May, for over 26 years. Not once Have I ever been disappointment. This hotel is always very clean, neat and comfortable. The restaurant offers a variety of menu options and quality personal to serve you in a friendly and joyful manner. You cannot go wrong here. Weather a overnite or multiply nite stay; you will be 100% satisfied.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
It's my turn! You get 5 stars from me! You are my kind of guest!

Thank you!
Salem, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Most BW Motels offer a breakfast that's included in the price. This motel did not. On a road trip similar to mine, an in-house breakfast is convenient and efficient. That was the only notable disappointment offered by the Thunderbird.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tanya M, Owner at BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
I will answer this one from the stance of all hotel owners that own their own restaurant in an isolated area as we are, and have owned it long, long before breakfast was commonly included in the price of a room.

What would you do? Would you close up your restaurant until dinner or pay a full staff to only wait on a few guests. It's a hard one. We chose to not add the cost of breakfast to your bill, so we keep our room rates lower. I hope you did enjoy that when you paid. Thank you for your review.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

From the friendly ladies behind the front desk (one who's dad works there) to the great waitress we had at the restaurant on site to room 200, it was all great! The room was on the end and looked over the 5th hole and was very roomy w a nice balcony.
It is an older property but has been really nicely updated!!
Our waitress made my daughters 10th bday very memorable by bringing her a brownie (aside from the brownie sundae she ordered) w a candle on the top and it was on the house.
Our experience there was extreme pleasant and very memorable in more ways than one.
For the time of year and the quality of the room it was a great rate and we would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014
I am always so pleased to have happy visitors stay with us. I have 2 teen daughters that are working at the desk this summer while home from college. I am glad that which ever one it was did a good job. Thank you so much for your review. Have a happy day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Carmel
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
#3 of 16 in Springdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,772 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge? Share your experiences!