We have stayed in hundreds of hotels in the past 40 years. When we entered our room it was - wow! The furnishings and the room were exceptional. We were not in the main part of the hotel, it was the rooms next to the golf course. The only thing about arriving in the dark is that the hotel sign was not illuminated. Fortunately, our GPS knew we were there.
The front desk staff throughout our stay were very helpful. The only negative thing about the room was the internet. The front desk give you a sheet of paper to gain access. It was not for the present system. There were two pages in the information book in the room - they were also useless since they gave the number for Best Western support - who no longer have the contract. There is a third page which telephone numbers for another company. I called this twice and the girl said that someone would call me back to help me. They never did. Finally, I worked it out for myself - this problem was not my fault - it was the poor information I was given.
Having said that. There is a restaurant on site. The breakfast staff were very friendly. The breakfast portions were very large. The dinner staff were easily overwhelmed if a number of people were in the restaurant - both the servers and the kitchen staff.
The hotel is an ideal location to visit Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon north rim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park lodging at its best! The BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge offers a refreshing pool, hot tub, 9 hole golf course and free club rentals. Our rooms are 100% smoke free, 100% pet free, with balcony views and patios that overlook the beautiful mountains and lush green golf course, DirecTV. In-room coffee and tea, guest laundry facilities, direct dial in-room phones, free local and 1-800 calls, internet connections, AAA, AARP. We are located 12 miles from the east entrance to Zion National Park, 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, 85 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 45 miles from Cedar Breaks National Monument, and 12 miles from the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Hotel Mount Carmel
- Best Western Mount Carmel
- East Zion Thunderbird Hotel
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge Utah/Mount Carmel