If you're already past Zion NP and to far away to reach Bryce NP (or Panguitch) than this is your best option. It's right on the junction SR-9 and US-89 in a little "town" where, besides spending the night, there's nothing to hang out for.
The reception personnel is friendly, they even provide you with a Best Western membership card if you don't have it yet. At the reception you also find a little shop that sells gifts.
The rooms are very large and ours had view at the pool and hot tub and had a small terrace. Coffee making facilities are available as well as a fridge. The bathroom is small in comparison with the rest of the room, not suited to be in the bathroom with 2 people at the same time. Downside is that the lights are bright white light and the airco in the bathroom makes a lot of noise.
There is a restaurant on side which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We went here for dinner and the food wasn't to bad. If you are almost out of gas there is a gas station with shop. Fill up the tank here because it will be a while before you see another one.
There is also a small golf terrain next door where you might spot some deer in the morning.
Considering the location this is really the best option for a good night sleep but it is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park lodging at its best! The BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge offers a refreshing pool, hot tub, 9 hole golf course and free club rentals. Our rooms are 100% smoke free, 100% pet free, with balcony views and patios that overlook the beautiful mountains and lush green golf course, DirecTV. In-room coffee and tea, guest laundry facilities, direct dial in-room phones, free local and 1-800 calls, internet connections, AAA, AARP. We are located 12 miles from the east entrance to Zion National Park, 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, 85 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 45 miles from Cedar Breaks National Monument, and 12 miles from the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Hotel Mount Carmel
- Best Western Mount Carmel
- East Zion Thunderbird Hotel
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge Utah/Mount Carmel