The rooms were quiet and nicely kept by housekeeping - very clean, well-stocked, and the staff was responsive when needed. A broken iron was quickly replaced, extra coffee and sugar was provided upon request, etc. The exterior patio was a nice feature to have, and the wi-fi worked great in the room. Overall, the motel itself was a lovely place to stay, and would do so again. I would also recommend it to friends and family traveling through that area of the country.
However, I did respond on the Best Western survey that there were two things needing correction going forward: the hot water was off and on when taking a shower (was ok for a bath - but shocking at times when showering), and the restaurant (which I believe is under different management - but is still part of the same property) needs serious help. Perhaps they can be provided with a copy of this review? The quality of the food is pretty good for the most part, but the service is severely lacking. Gaby is the #1 waitress there, and should be made shift manager - or better. She really had it together in the mornings. The two gentleman that worked in the evenings were good as well, but several of the female waitresses (morning and evening shifts) were not timely, responsive, or helpful at all. They all seemed either over-loaded, under-slept, didn't like their job or all of the above. A more efficient seating and table assignment process is also in order there. Further, if a customer asks a question about the food, the staff should be able to either answer it or get it answered from the chef and get back to you about it. This did not happen for us - twice. Lastly, someone needs to keep a better eye on when the salad bar is running out of items offered. It was always low or out of something.
Other than the hot water being unpredictable and restaurant service needing help, the overall motel staff, rooms, service and amenities were all great. Thanks for a lovely stay! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zion National Park lodging at its best! The BEST WESTERN East Zion Thunderbird Lodge offers a refreshing pool, hot tub, 9 hole golf course and free club rentals. Our rooms are 100% smoke free, 100% pet free, with balcony views and patios that overlook the beautiful mountains and lush green golf course, DirecTV. In-room coffee and tea, guest laundry facilities, direct dial in-room phones, free local and 1-800 calls, internet connections, AAA, AARP. We are located 12 miles from the east entrance to Zion National Park, 60 miles from Bryce Canyon National Park, 85 miles from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, 45 miles from Cedar Breaks National Monument, and 12 miles from the Coral Pink Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Hotel Mount Carmel
- Best Western Mount Carmel
- East Zion Thunderbird Hotel
- Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge Utah/Mount Carmel