“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Great way to start a day, wide selection of breakfast items and definitely made to order. I really enjoyed breakfast here to start a day in the National Parks.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We ate dinner at the Thunderbird and did not have a good experience. Soggy vegetables, re-heated potatoes, and a pitiful salad bar. We figured that they cooked menu items and set up the salad bar at noon, and then just re-heated hot foods for dinner. One piece of my prime rib was so tough I could not get a knife through it! Meat portions were huge.
We did not try the pie, and to their credit, a lady sitting near us raved to the waitress about the fried onion rings. Fried chicken taken to one table looked good, too.
So, you may have good luck with fried foods, probably prepared fresh, but skip the salad bar at night, as well as the baked potatoes, twice-baked potatoes, cooked vegetables, and overcooked meats! With tax and tip it was over $52 for two.
Music was too loud and included an annoying mix of songs.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Thunderbird is a throwback to my traveling days in the 60's - fun stuff! When the original owner didn't have enough room on his handmade sign, the legend goes, he shortened 'homemade' to 'ho-made' which didn't pose an issue until more recent years. Well, they sure do make yummy pies, however they're made. Our strawberry rhubarb was excellent, full and just tart enough. Nice stop when you're between Zion and Bryce national parks.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am a pie afficionado and make one killer of an apple pie and I will say that this rivals mine. We also had the Thunderberry pie as well as the coconut cream pie. I rate the CCP as one of the best I have ever eaten in my lifetime. We had lunch there on our way to Zion. Both my husband's open-face turkey dinner and my "ho-made" egg salad and fresh bread sandwich and slaw were magnifico as well. It's a hoot that they are the "Home of the ho-made (LOL) pies" (you have to read the story about that one). Great, friendly service and great grub make this one a winner every time.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Waiter was slow. Steak delicious but the gravy on my mashed potatoes was so heavy it ruined them. Apple pie is out of this world.