“Ho-made pies! LOL!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thunderbird Restaurant

Thunderbird Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Louisiana
“Ho-made pies! LOL!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Thunderbird is a throwback to my traveling days in the 60's - fun stuff! When the original owner didn't have enough room on his handmade sign, the legend goes, he shortened 'homemade' to 'ho-made' which didn't pose an issue until more recent years. Well, they sure do make yummy pies, however they're made. Our strawberry rhubarb was excellent, full and just tart enough. Nice stop when you're between Zion and Bryce national parks.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best pies on the planet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am a pie afficionado and make one killer of an apple pie and I will say that this rivals mine. We also had the Thunderberry pie as well as the coconut cream pie. I rate the CCP as one of the best I have ever eaten in my lifetime. We had lunch there on our way to Zion. Both my husband's open-face turkey dinner and my "ho-made" egg salad and fresh bread sandwich and slaw were magnifico as well. It's a hoot that they are the "Home of the ho-made (LOL) pies" (you have to read the story about that one). Great, friendly service and great grub make this one a winner every time.

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“apple pie is wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Waiter was slow. Steak delicious but the gravy on my mashed potatoes was so heavy it ruined them. Apple pie is out of this world.

Visited March 2014
Las Vegas
“Great Start”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We decided to start our day at the Thunderbird Restaurant with breakfast . We both had the French toast with all intentions of more later. We were surprised at the size of the slices and could barley finish them. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Our drinks were never empty. Next time we are in the area we will have to try dinner and their pie.

• Visited March 2014
Utah
“A fun little eatery...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped at the Mont Carmels Thunderbird Restaurant. Has a ful little history with Ho'made pies. The Thunderberry pie was warm, flakey crust and wonderful! My ham and cheese omelet was very filling and the scones I ordered were awesome as well with the honey butter.
Its a mus ttry when yuo are in the are between Zions and Bryce National Parks.

• Visited March 2014