“Great buffalo burgers & friendly waitresses”
Review of Buffalo Grill

Buffalo Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We arrived a little bit too late for breakfast at 11 am, which turned out to be a good thing, as I ended up ordering a buffalo burger which was delicious and felt nutritious from the first bite to the last! The waitresses were friendly and took time to talk about the buffalo herd that they have at the lodge. It was an added plus that we could site outside and see the miniature ponies in their pens and the buffalo (and the only cow) hang out inside fenced pasture. The service is a little slow, but we didn't mind that as we were on a vacation and had time to kill.

1  Thank SSFiji
There are newer reviews for Buffalo Grill

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

On our way back to Kanab from Zion we were hungry and our GPS wasn't working well to pull up restaurants nearby so luckily we came across this restaurant while driving back to town and what a cool little spot. We came in right around 4pm which was still lunch time and thankfully there was free wifi available for us to catch the entire US vs Portugal soccer game. We loved the rustic decor and the view from our table overlooked the vast plains and mountains with the Zion Mountain Resort in the background. There were wild buffalo and other farm nomads grazing right outside. The menu is limited but everything is fresh and farm to table. We tried buffalo burger for the first time and a corn fried chicken salad. Both entrees were delicious and you can tell that the ingredients used were local and carefully chosen. The service was amazing. We sat there for the duration of the game as they offered a great beer selection as well. We also finished off our meal with their cheesecake. The ambiance of the place and quality of food was just the perfect way for us to end our day trip to the park - which of course was mind blowing. I also loved all the animals out back and watching them from the restaurant was great entertainment. Highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to anyone who is looking for a good place to unwind after hiking.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 2 breakfasts and two dinners at this lovely spot a few miles outside Zion. By far the best dish was the ribs - perfect! - but everything else we ate was fine too. Service was friendly but slow due to understaffing. Nice place for families - fenced in area next to and viewed from the restaurant has Shetland ponies, ducks, rabbits that children can enjoy.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Wonderful ambiance at this restaurant with huge bay windows looking at the open field with pigmy horses, ducks and buffalo's. They bread for the sandwich was made on-site. It was so flavorful. We stopped here after our day trip to Zion National Park and what a neat gem in scenic Byway 9.

1  Thank over5063
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at the Lodge for 3 nights and we had 2 dinners at the restaurant. The first night I had the Buffalo burger and the second the Duck when my friends had salad and Salmon.
As a French person, my favorite dish is Duck. No matter where I go, if they have Duck on the menu, it is mine. From Chinese to fine cuisine, from Paris to Pekin, from confit to saute, I love Duck

If I write this revue it is because I truly experienced one of the best Duck I ever had. This large, portion of tender, tasty Duck had a perfect Cripy skin with a delicious glaze sauce.
From start to end, I enjoyed it very much.

Beside this dish, everything else was Exquis. You can tell that they have an excellent chef and that as of 05/29/2014 they absolutely deserve a good 5 stars.

Cheers