Hat Rock Inn(Mexican Hat)
Free cancellation until 07/28
$166
Hotels.com
Book now, pay at stay
$196
Hampton.com
The View Hotel(Monument Valley)
  • Restaurant
Firetree Bed & Breakfast(Monument Valley)
  • Pool
The View Campground(Monument Valley)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Wetherill Inn(Kayenta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

My brother and I stayed at Teardrop Arch B&B in winter, when the Valley was hit by a snowstorm overnight. It was a great find. Eileen gave us a warm welcome and made us delicious fry bread for breakfast. As both of the rooms have double beds we ended up having to pay for two rooms as we didn't want to share a bed. This was fine by us, though - Eileen's is an authentic Navajo household and I'd much rather stay here than the hotel up the road. She has two adorable cats and it felt like home.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank MegaraMcT
Reviewed January 14, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our self drive tour and I was so made up when I found it. What a special place and a wonderful lady! Wish we could have stayed longer. Had Navajo bread for breakfast, what a treat. Stunning views, felt so relaxed here.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cat H
Reviewed October 24, 2015 via mobile

Traveled in October. The description is correct, and it s an alternative to the expensive hotels in the area. (As of note, most of the population in the area is Navajo).
The lady is very nice, and overall it makes you feel like you made a good choice.
The room is what people would describe as hostel in Europe; it is s shared bathroom, in "somebody's home", also shared kitchen, and so on. So, if you are here only to sleep, while spending the day in Monument Valley, it s a good choice.
I have to admit that I went to eat dinner at the restaurant from The View(but they only accept hotel guests after 7 pm). I ate breakfast @B&B, which was as in description.
My room was not renovated, but I guess they will work on it.
The view in the morning/ and also the stars at night were astonishing.
It feels "rural and real", the roads there are unpaved.
So, if you re looking for luxury, it s not the place, but otherwise I would strongly recommend.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
7  Thank Leopold B
Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

The pros: very affordable, great views of the valley, very close to the visitors centre, clean rooms and bathroom, attentive host who is genuinely interested in you having a good time.

The cons: hardly any to be honest. This is a B&B so it might not be everyone's thing. You stay at the host's house but they will give you privacy. You will need to share a bathroom and water pressure is not the best.

The site is accessible only via a dirt road but the location is signposted (you may want to check the map on their home page how to get there and arrive during daylight). The rooms are single queens but they will put in an extra bed for free upon request. A reasonably priced modest breakfast is available if you want (I cannot comment on it as we didn't go for it). Free wifi but no mobile reception.

All in all I highly recommend the place. So much more private and personal than the View or any other nearby hotel chains!

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
4  Thank Roland B
Reviewed September 24, 2015

First one! Can't believe I'm the first one to write a review on this place?
So staying in the Valley, close to the monuments can be very expensive. This is a cheaper option, but other than that, this place offers more good things, if you are into them.
It's a b&b, so its up close and personal with the owner Ilene, a lovely lady. She has 2 rooms available, You use her bathroom and eat in her kitchen. Considering you're shacked up close together she really gives you your privacy. She does here thing and lets you do yours. She is not a hotel clerk, this is not a hotel, you are staying at someones house. I like this, on a roadtrip going from motel to hotel it was nice to deal with someone 'real' for a change.
The room was clean, so was the bathroom and the rest of the house. Its right in the middle of the reservation, just behind the school.
The front yard has an amazing view out on the monuments. When out there you'll be greeted by Ilene's dogs. Inside the house there is a cat that will enjoy being cuddled if you are into cats (I am!)
Thank you google maps for showing me this place. If you don't want to spend those crazy amounts on the big hotels in Monument Valley, but do want to be in between the monuments, this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple