“wedding annversery”

Black's Hiking, Jeep Tours and Trail Rides
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My hubby and I booked a sunrise ride. We rode with a family from England and we had a wonderful ride. The guides were very good and I really felt like I was riding thru the west. I enjoy the sites and the horses were very good. I would tell anyone to take this 3hr. tour.

3  Thank 249shelly

Reviewed April 15, 2014

April 14, 2014 at 3:00 P.M. my husband, Bill Sansford, took one of your horse tours and came back & when asked how it went he replied and I quote; "AWESOME";. His guide, Kirtdale, was absolutely fantastic. Discovering Bill is a huge John Wayne fan Kirtdale took the time to point out various locations movies had been filmed, took pictures of Bill along the way and was just terrific. Thank you for making this such a wonderful experience Kirtdale, one that Bill will always remember. We will definitely recommend you to others with highest praise

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A brilliant experience - so glad we did this.
After a few options of what we should do for the afternoon we decided on this tour horse riding. It was great. Marlowe drove us down and spoke to us about the rocks and gave us information for the area.
We had horses selected for us - beginners. The horses were very well behaved and followed our guide well. Our guide was helpful, gave us information and took photos too.
It was amazing to see the rocks up so close and go beyond what we would have seen by foot. As the horses are based towards the end of the road it meant we could travel on and see so much more.
A great experience that we won't forget in a hurry. thank you!!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I brought my family here to experience what other people rated as fantastic, I was ready to enjoy. What I received was; a horse that wasn't saddled correctly, bruises that are still purple on my back, elbow and side and a fall from the said horse that scared my family to watch me be pitched into the red sand.

We had a reservation to meet in the parking lot of the Tribal Visitors Park at 9AM, we met a man who then instructed us to drive 20 minutes down a very bad road, to get to the horses. If you don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, I suggest you pay to have them ride you down.

When we arrived there, we were greeted by 2 guides, Kieven and young Ray. They were great and I enjoyed their tour, until my saddle slipped upside down on the horse and I landed on my back .

I wanted to share with my grandson an experience of culture and nature and instead, all he will remember is his grandmother lying on the floor of Monument Valley. I was hurt badly, but picked myself up and continued to ride since there was no other way to get out of there.

My suggestion to all is to keep going to visit but, check your saddles. Don't harm your car to get out into the valley, the park is remote and trying to get your car back on the highway without damage is too much of a risk if you aren't familiar with the area.

I'm not one of those complaining tourists, I've spent years 4 wheeling around Canyonlands and Moab, Utah and lived in the area for years.

When you attend a guided tour and they tell you, "If you like the tour, please write a review on Tripadvisor." I think they should look out for the safety of their guests, follow up if there is an issue and screen for customer service issue's upon completion of the tour.

6  Thank Janette S
Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you want to get a unique and up close view of the exquisite cliff formations in Monument Valley, don't miss the chance to experience it from horseback with Black's Hiking Jeep Tours and Trail Rides. This was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most of my family members. You get true value for your money!!!

Last week, as part of a week-long family vacation, we were 5 family members ranging from the age 5.5 to of 71 that went on a 1.5 hour horseback ride. We all got our own horse, which was carefully selected by Marlow and Kevin in response to our level of prior experience with horses. It was clear they knew what they were doing. All the horses were very well trained and we had no problems whatsoever, even though neither my little 5-year-old niece nor my mother had ever sat on a horse before. Within 5 min we all felt completely comfortable on our horses, very much thanks to the quality of the horses, their training and our very capable and knowledgeable guide, Kevin. He shared with us a lot of information about the landscape, the indian history and the many medicinal properties of the plants we saw on our way. Unlike the Jeep tour, given that we were on horseback, we could get into areas where it would have been impossible to go in a car. So it was a true wilderness experience.

This experience - riding on a horse in a stunning territory that I had so far only witnessed in western movies on a screen was a childhood dream coming through for me. And I know it was an experience that my two young nieces will never forget either.

I would gladly return for another ride, but next time I would do an even longer one. Even for inexperienced riders, a slightly longer trip would be so worth the money.