“Great People Who Know Their Stuff”

Sacred Monument Tours
Ranked #7 of 21 Tours in Monument Valley
Gerringong, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great People Who Know Their Stuff”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Booked Sacred Monument Tours through email for the whole day (double tour - Monument Valley by morning and Mystery Valley by afternoon) to show my partner and I the area and explain Navajo culture. Leroy was our guide by morning and Darrin in the afternoon. Both were highly knowledgeable, answered our questions freely and were extremely friendly. They knew their stuff and were both proud of the their culture (as they should have been).
The whole experience from the booking to the actual tours were excellent. The jeeps were in good condition and the areas we went to just 'made' the whole Monument Valley experience for us.
Thanks guys!

Visited March 2014

Sao Paulo, SP
“Wonderful!!!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our double tour, morning to monument valley and afternoon to mystery valley was fantastc, much more than we expected. My soons had a great time and they said it was the best!! Our guide Darrin made it all perfect!! Thanks!!

Visited January 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“amazing wonderful”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

we arrived fairly early in the day and signed up for the tour - concerned about my shortness and ability to get in and out of the vehicle - our tour guide, Ray, was great making sure I could. Ray, Navajo, was very knowledgable of the area and told many facts about the area. we were able to not only see Monument Valley but also to go into some of the Sacred lands and see even more wonders. Ray even sang a love song in the natural ampatheater where the 'Mohawk" image was. Please if you ever get the chance to go - ask for Ray he is the best in our book.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank bj-sl52
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Warrior JT”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

There are some mixed reviews about JT. Ignore them! My wife treated me to one of the most incredible experiences of my life - a personal Monument Valley tour, just JT and I. We explored the floor and back country for hours, went off-roading in his rad yellow Jeep, and checked out all the best views with hardly anyone around. He always allowed me ample time to reflect on this very special place.

The thing about JT's historical asides is that he's giving you HIS tour. It's not Lonely Planet, it's not Rick Steves, it's a guy who's grown up in the valley and has more pride in his land and his people than you can fathom. Particularly enjoyed our personal conversations, which included his spirited defense of the controversial Washington Redskins iconography ("They're like warriors, strong & fierce, I love them, can't get enough!"). JT even convinced me to share in smoking some herbs - at age 40, those two puffs constitute the grand total of everything I've ever smoked. Part of the experience, man, just go with it.

With a visit to The View Hotel and a Sacred Monument tour with JT, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed. Totally worth the extra cash for a longer, more private tour, if you can swing it!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank AndrewA861
ste ramee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“jeep tour”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Excellent tour led by Will Cowboy. Lots of photo opportunities. Loads of navajo info and stories. Tours individually designed. And Wills singing too!

Visited October 2013