“Unforgettable Experience”

Sacred Monument Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We're a Jeep and Horseback tour service in Monument Valley located on the border of Utah and Arizona. The Sacred Monument Tours is a family owned business with over 20 years of experience. We guide visitors from all over the world inside the popular Navajo Tribal Park. Whether family, spouse or working professional we're here to help you get the best out of your stay.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We visited Monument Valley on 24 June 2013 and took the horse ride and the Jeep tour into the restricted area with Sacred Monument Tours (SMT). This was the highlight of our ten day trip to Arizona, and an experience we will cherish for years to come. Leroy, the owner of SMT welcomed us as if we had been friends. He assigned Dustin as our guide, and Dustin was an informative and spiritual guide who made us understand why this place is so special. He was an excellent teacher to my partner who had ridden horses only once before, and he made us feel truly at home. In the afternoon during the Jeep tour, he made sure there were no other people before taking us to the sites, and again, this was an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend SMT to anyone who wants to take a tour of Monument Valley.

3  Thank Haruspex17
"road trip"
in 5 reviews
"west mitten"

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went on a two-hour horseback tour of Monument Valley with Sacred Monument Tours. My wife had her heart set on it and I was a little skeptical, thinking we would just walk at a snail's pace and it would be boring. We booked the day before our tour and were told to go to the booth in the parking lot in the visitor's center and things seemed to be a bit disorganized. Be sure you remember which company you have booked with because they all meet at the same place. If you can't handle a little bit of sloppy organization you should be warned. But we can handle that and once we started it was wonderful. Our guide Dustin was very personably and charming and told us a lot about the place and the culture and the daily lives of the Navajo. The scenery was spectacular and to my surprise we galloped quite a bit - lots of fun! Clearly Dustin checked us out as we rode and early on he figured out that we were comfortable on the horses and could handle it - he never would have done that with people who didn't want to run. But we definitely did. I titled this review "best day of our trip" but as I said at the top I was really skeptical and not really looking forward to it. But I will definitely return.

3  Thank andnobodyknows
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was so peaceful. It was so amazing. It was so sacred. My 9 year old son and I went on a 3 hour awesome horseback ride with a Navajo guide. This experience was my favorite activity on our 5 day road trip. The guide was great with my son and the horse he assigned to him was a good fit.

1  Thank Silvia M
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I were at the view and signed up for 2 hour tour with Dave of mystery valley. Dave is well versed and knowledgable of not only physical issues but historical facts. This is our second tour with Dave in two years and he did. Not disappoint. Also company has great vehicles and they are on time and reasonable.

1  Thank Hotmaily
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had no option at tour booth in Monument Valley car park but to pay $150 for two adults for a one and a half hour tour. Lots of guides hanging around looking for business, and JT of Sacred Monument tours was first in line. He was pleasant and courteous, and drove well, but his historical and cultural perspective was somewhat superficial, and I learned more reading the information folder in our room at The View Hotel. In fact, I then discovered that some of what he had told us was incorrect. Glad to have been driven, as wouldn't have taken our rental car off-road, and I wanted to visit the Valley floor, but not really value for money.

1  Thank wattsontoday