“The best way to see the Monument Valley” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 20 Tours in Monument Valley
London
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The best way to see the Monument Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My parents took the horse riding tour and I had a private jeep tour and we all say that the it was the best way to see Monument Valley. The guides were knowledgeable, friendly and very keen to impress. I would highly recommend.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DorsetgirlLondon

Geneva
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Magical Sunrise Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

We did a private sunrise tour with JT and found him to be a truly great guide - striking just the right balance between proposing things and listening to what we wanted to do. We spent 2 hours watching the first rays of light in this incredible place and enjoyed every moment. Highly recommended!

Visited April 2012
4 Thank Houb
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The horseback tour was unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I don't think I have ever had a stronger reaction to anything so seemingly trivial in my entire life. The horseback tour was unlike everything I have ever done before. The two lovely Navajo gentlemen who escorted us were excellent riders and raced us across the planes. It was the most surreal thing I have ever done. The beautiful views, the wind in my hair.... When I got off the horse I was shaking. I'm pretty sure I even cried a little. One of the most impressive experiences of my life, without doubt! I also really appreciated that the horses were well taken care of and got to go right back to the stable after our ride. I've seen stables where horses were nearly emaciated and overworked, so I think this is worth mentioning.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank LaurenVanBever
La Jolla, California
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Great personal tour option”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We showed up in Monument Valley in our Jaguar convertible and quickly concluded that we could not self guide the monuments of the park. There are many options for guided tours but most of them seemed to involve larger parties. So we chose Sacred Monument because they allowed us to design our own trip--time, vehicle, pickup location, preference for spending time in the restricted part of the park where previous trips had not taken us. Dave Clark, despite his name, is a Navajo who was not only completely skilled at guiding us to the best of the park but also an interesting conversationalist about Navajo life in the area. It was a completely satisfactory experience and well worth the considerable more expense of this form of tour.

1 Thank Ann D
Webster, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Overwhelming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

We did a two hour horseback tour and the three hour sunset jeep tour with Jimerson Tsosie. I cannot put into words the experience we had in the valley. JT is an outstanding guide. He shared so much of himself with us; his heritage, music, and the Navajo culture. By the end of the day, my husband and I felt that we too were connected to the Valley.
I would recommend this tour to anyone who desires an authentic heart felt experience.
Thank you JT for an awesome time.

Visited May 2012