“Poor food”

Goulding's Stagecoach Dining Room
Cuisines: American, Native American
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Poor food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Went for lunch on Sunday 1st June 2014. It was really very bad. Poor service which because they have a captive market mainly centred around coach trips. Club sand which was so bad it was laughable and the tuna salad never turned up. Avoid avoid. Gift shop sells stuff made in Pakistan although people in there are great.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mike M

Florida, USA
“Stopped to eat here because of Trip Advisor reviews.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Luckily, we arrived for lunch just before a tour bus or buses filled the place. Unluckily, their food made me sick. I had the Indian taco which was a tough piece a fry bread covered with luke-warm probably canned chili and some lettuce. I wouldn't recommend their food to anyone.

1 Thank ZMOFlorida_USA
brisbane australia
“good breakfast”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We ate a late breakfast here after checking out of The View hotel as much to check out the place as any other reason. We arrived after breakfast serving time had finished but they agreed to do breakfast for us and although we only had omelettes, both were very tasty. Staff were a bit 'distant', and although the initial order was taken quickly there was not much interaction after that.

• Visited May 2014
“Conveniently located, decent food but nothing to write home about”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

You don't have a lot of choices when it comes to eating near Monument Valley. There's Goulding's on one side of the highway and The View on the other. We were staying at Goulding's, so that's where we decided to have dinner. So, on the plus side, it was very close, and there was great view of Monument Valley from some of the tables.

I only wanted something light, so I got some fruit and cottage cheese. I asked what kind of fruit was in the "seasonal fruit" and was told a list of things that was nothing like what I actually got. It was still reasonable tasting, and nothing I was allergic to, so I kept it anyway. My boyfriend got one of the Navajo bread dishes and wasn't all that impressed with the toppings, but it was enormous in size. Neither one of us was thrilled by the milkshakes since they were flavorful, but mostly just liquid.

I think both restaurants could do with some competition to help improve quality.

Staunton
“Best place to eat in Monument Valley”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The wait staff here is on the ball and very pleasant~! Notsomuch up at the View Hotel restaurant (although it is worth eating there for the convenience if you stay at that property). I always love a place that keeps the coffee coming! The food here is really good too and the views are awesome---not of the famous Mittens but still very very gorgeous!

Visited May 2014