“Memories of a lifetime!”

Monument Valley Safari
$375.00*
Hunts Mesa Campout
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Navajo Owned and Operated touring Company, Offering Private, Scenic, Cultural excursions into Monument Valley and the Surrounding area.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Northwood, North Dakota, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Memories of a lifetime!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Spectacular morning tour with Clint. What a fantastic guide, with so much knowledge and patience. Clint took the time to allow us to take many memorable photos and happily offered lots of advice on how to make great shots. I am by no means a photographer, but with Clint's coaching I took home photos to be proud of.
I made reservations several months in advance and as time passed, my schedule changed. I kept in touch with Nate Holiday, the owner, and he was always willing to accommodate my needs. My wife and I felt like royalty on this tour. When we set out on our trip, The Grand Canyon was to be the highlight of our vacation and Monument Valley was to be a stop on the way. As it turned out the Monument Valley Safari was the highlight! My wife and I will never forget the hospitality that was extended to us by Nate Holiday and our guide Clint. If you are ever in the area, be sure to line up a tour with these guys. You will not be disappointed!

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best tour ever”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Met with Myron for our sunset tour into Mystery Valley and Clint for our sunrise tour into parts off limits to other "tourists". Myron knew where to take us for the best Mystery Valley sites. Clint got us in the best spot for the sunburst, and even lined up a herd of native horses to pose for us. These guys are the best.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Steve N
Bozeman
“An unforgettable day!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wow! We spent an amazing day with Clint exploring the stunning sights of Monument Valley. We took the morning tour and the evening Mystery Valley tour. We were going to take them one right after the other, but he recommended we wait for the later tour to get the best light. It was a long day, but we wouldn't have skipped a thing! We had no idea there were so many cliff dwellings there and arches and writings. Clint went out of his way to help us take well framed photos, introduced us to a weaver, and told us stories and history that made the landscape come alive. In a quiet canyon he let us walk on our own and suddenly we heard flute music echoing off the walls. It was truly an exceptional day.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kathy C
Burbank, California
“100% fantastic”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Recently took the 7hr scenic and photo tour of Hunts Mesa (mid August.) Duffy, our driver/guide/historian was superb. Polite, knowledgable, genuine, and always willing to stop if I wanted to grab a shot. The road is not for the faint hearted, but the panoramic rewards are oh so worth it. A truly unforgettable experience. Can't wait to come back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Drew A
Hilo, Hawaii
“Well worth doing!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We took advantage of the Navajo-led tours of Monument Valley run by the Monument Valley Safari company. We went out first thing in the morning to Monument Valley and to Mystery Valley in the evening. We will never forget this visit, from going out in the dark and viewing the day dawn from the sand dunes of Monument Valley to the up-close views of ancient cliff homes and artifacts and the sundown in Mystery Valley. We thank the Navajo Nation and our wonderful guides for their gracious hospitality, stories, music and teaching. In no other way will you learn the culture and beauty of this area the way we did on these two tours. We strongly advise you to reserve a place and do this. Wear tie shoes and "hiking" clothes. I was glad for my jeans and boot, although they were not strictly necessary. Tennis shoes and shorts worked well for some.
Again, thank your for a wonderful, never-to-be forgotten experience.

Visited August 2013