Open today: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Monument Valley Safari tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Monument Valley Safari
from $65.00
More Info
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews hour tour great tour our tour guide hour scenic navajo culture cultural safari view hotel combination tour natural amphitheater hunts mesa highlight of our trip open vehicle tour takes take pictures highly recommend this tour his knowledge big hogan
Reviewed 2 days ago

We booked to 2 1/2 hour safari and were picked up at the View Hotel. Our guide, Bobby, was there on time and we had three groups with 10 people in total but fitted in with plenty of room. The tour took us into the valley where you can take your own vehicle but then we went into places that only the tour guides are allowed. The scenery is spectacular and if you're a fan of the old western films then this is the trip for you. Our guide pointed out all different formations and gave us a brief on the history of the valley and the Navajo who lived and still live there.

Reviewed 3 days ago

My husband and I took the guided tour and had Bobby for our guide. He was fantastic. His background and knowledge really added to the tour. We never would have known any of it if we just did the driving tour on our own. I would recommend taking this tour and ask for Bobby as your guide:))

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our guide Toney arrived on time 0800 at the View Hotel lobby for the 2-1/2 tour . The other couple canceled out so it was my wife and I only. We got onto an open air Chevy HD pickup 4x4. It as a bit cold at 800 AM, 5500 feet elevation and Nov. But warming up fast with the brilliant sunshine. We started down the Monument Valley where all the vehicles enter for the self driving and the restricted area tours. We made several stops where Toney patient, clear but enthusiastic explanation of the landmarks and its historical, cultural significance. Include the John Ford point, 3 Sisters, Rain God Mesa. Awesome views all. Toney then took us to the restricted area through the Hogan site, Eagle Eye, The Ear, Eye of Sun, petroglyphs. At the Eagle Eye, Toney sang a traditional Navajo travel song. The Eagle Eye is a must see. An 150 foot tall 1/2 circle arch with large foot hole at top. Toney also directed the best places to shoot photos, he also took a unique panoramic photo of wife and I at Eagle Eye-very cool.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was possibly the best decision I've made the whole trip. The guide made it possible for us to relax and enjoy the beauty. The guide was very knowledgeable and he shared stories of the region as well as personal ones that were applicable. It was great to learn more about the culture. He even gave us tips about where the best photos could be taken.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first time in Monument Valley. I was on a photography workshop with Neil's Great Photography Adventures. Without a doubt, Monument Valley Safari made this experience spectacular! From knowing the perfect places for shooting the sunrise, sunset and star shots. Shaye and his team are personal, passionate and professional. We had two guides Comasheena and Toney. Both were very knowledgeable and generous. From Comie, playing her authentic Navajo drum at the "Big Hogan" formation. To Toney helping me, in the dark, BTW, find the perfect spot to take a shot of the moonrise. I'm grateful to them both for helping to make my first photography adventure a once in a lifetime experience. I'm already planning on coming back next year! Because there is so much to see! In addition to our two amazing tours. Shaye arranged for us to have lunch with Mr. Peter MacDonald one of the original Navajo Code Talkers. Needless to say, his knowledge of the area and stories of World War II and his "Code Talking" experiences were phenomenal! Plus Shaye arranged for a Navajo Dancer to perform for us at the historic John Ford point. On top of all of this, we were allowed to take pictures of all the activities. Which included pictures of our authentic Navajo lunch, (which of course we also ate.) To Toney and Comie drum songs, driving up to Hunts Mesa, and a shot of Toney's well-worn boots. I highly recommend an adventure with Monument Valley Safari. Not only do they have the best guides. They have the best rides. Full-size Chevy Suburbans with leather seats, air conditioning and design for plenty of off-road excitement, done safely and in comfort. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to my next Monument Valley adventure next year with Monument Valley Safari! Very satisfied customer! Thank you, Shaye, Toney and Comasheena.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Going with a group from Neils Great Photographic Adventures- NGPAdventures.com, we had two intense days visiting areas off the main path, the route allowed for the self guided tour. We rode in 4wd chevys and GM vehicles with the back loaded with cameras, tripods and various extra equipment as deemed necessary and not the open air vehicles used in the short (up to 4 hour) quick tours. Our guides were very knowledgeable in finding some of the best scenery in the area to photograph. They have a good understanding of what the group was wanting for some of the best lighting and photo opportunities during the time available. The trip over Oct 26 and 27 included Hunts Mesa, an arch (Ear of the Wind) with the moon inside the arch and star shots by the Totem Pole. Also stopped by the point made famous in the old western movie sets and were treated to a local dressed in native regalia posing for the camera. He had quite the sense of humor.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Check out Monument Valley Safari, fantastic guides, so helpful and knowledgeable! Took us to locations to take stunning photos!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I used Shaye and his team for the 4th time over the weekend of October 27th, 2018. As always his driving team performed wonderfully. Comie & Tony are the best. both are completely familiar with photography and where to get the best shots. They know when to be there and where to set up your gear. While my company, Neil's Great Photography Adventures, went to Monument Valley to take photos, Shaye also arranged a fantastic Navajo lunch out in the park with Mr. Peter MacDonald, one of only 13 remaining World War II Codetalkers. Mr. MacDonald's story was breathtaking and a perfect way to spend an afternoon out in Monument Valley's Red Rock beauty. Shay also arranged for our group to photography Mr. Myron Singer, Navajo dancer, while he performed his native dance steps and poses for my group. Monument Valley is fortunate to have Monument Valley Safari among its tour vendors

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just got back from touring around Arizona and the trip around Monument Valley was one of the highlights. Our guide Ray was brilliant, taking the time to make sure we got the best out of the trip and we loved his dry sense of humour. It is definitely worth taking a trip with this Navajo owned company as you get to see parts of Monument Valley that you are not allowed to access in your own vehicle.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This tour means you have to get up really early, which if you're like me, can be a bit of a shock...

Once you get over the early start, be prepared to be astounded by the majesty of Monument Valley.

Our guide was Toney, he is a softly spoken man, with expert knowledge of the valley, it's history, geography and inside knowledge on where to take the best photos.

Toney gives you time to take in rhe experience of seeing the sun rise in this magical place, helping you create wonderful mementos of your visit.

This tour also enables you to see parts of the valley, which are not open to the public. Giving you a greater insight into the day to day lives of the people who live here.

I would thoroughly recommend this tour.