Open today: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Monument Valley Safari tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Monument Valley Safari
from $65.00
More Info
from $75.00
More Info
1,078 results
All reviews hour tour great tour our tour guide hour scenic navajo culture cultural safari view hotel combination tour restricted area natural amphitheater hunts mesa highlight of our trip open vehicle tour takes take pictures highly recommend this tour his knowledge
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've booked this tour in advanced and everything was excellent. We went at 7 am on a 3.5h Scenic & Cultural Tour with Boby. He explained us all we wanted to know about the land and cultur and played on the flute. It was awsome and we can highly recommend this tour. We were a party of 5 adults and 2 kids aged 2 and 5!!!
We can recommend this tour as early in the morning as possible to avoid a lot of people and dust. We'd come again and tell it to our friends back homel.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I took our 2 daughters (ages 10 and 16) on the Hunt's Mesa trip with Monument Valley Safari and it was an amazing experience in every regard. We are not professional photographers by any means--I know most who take this trip are photo-enthusiasts or pros...but the entire experience from set-up to drop-off was wonderful.

The pre-trip arrangements and questions were handled quickly and clearly by Nate Holiday via email. I felt very comfortable with all the arrangements.

We met our guide Duffy and took off in a four-wheel drive Suburban. Getting to Hunt's Mesa took a 2 hour+ drive and it was so much fun just getting there--the road is not a road--at times you may wonder where the vehicle is headed, but Duffy is a great driver and knows his way around a 4-wheel drive. My entire family was laughing and had a great time getting to the camping spot. Duffy would stop for photo-ops and to "fix the road" now and then as well as point out areas and talk about Navajo life. Even my 16 year old had a blast and listened intently to Duffy talk about his home.

Hunt's Mesa is amazing--- each vista demands a photo...Duffy took us on a short ride and gathered wood for the campsite while we hiked and took photos. He cooked us dinner and we shared s'mores (I couldn't believe Duffy had never had a s'more!)...We woke up in postcard-- simply amazing views. Duffy took us to a number of sites on the return trip including a double arch where we were the only people around...again just amazing.

I can't recommend Monument Valley Safri highly enough ! Nate was great to deal with, Duffy was a suberb guide and companion and Monument Valley lived up to every expectation.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Last year we enjoyed our tour of Monument Valley so much we decided to come back this year and bring four other couples with us. We raved about how good of an experience we had and we weren't disappointed this year. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by not only Duffy, but by Nate Holiday, the owner of Monument Valley Safari. He welcomed us back and told us that he had arranged a special treat for us - a performance just for us by a Navajo drummer and singer who competes around the world. Our group got to participate in the performance and everyone said what a good time they had. Even though Duffy took us around last year, he showed us different places this time along with different stories to go along with the new sites. If you get a chance to explore Monument Valley, make sure to contact Monument Valley Safaris and go on one of their tours. It is definitely something that should not be missed. You are also getting excellent value for your money. We highly recommend Monument Valley Safari to anyone that is looking to explore this part of the world!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Duffy, our guide, was friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate about his Navaho heritage. The tour was wonderful, the scenery in the valley is really something else. We learnt a great deal about the Navaho as well as having a great visual experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I took the 3.5 hour Monument Valley cultural tour with another couple and our tour guide Brian. It's amazing how much more you can see of the valley from a jeep tour than from the overlook at the View Hotel - and even from the loop road that anyone can take if they are willing to punish their personal vehicle or rental car to that extent. (I don't recommend it - the road is in brutal condition!) Brian was very committed to sharing the Navajo experience - a little more, perhaps, than I cared to hear, frankly - I was too busy taking in the gorgeous sights! Brian has a great eye for photography, and gave us all great tips on how to properly capture the indelible images in front of us. He also knew quite a bit of movie trivia and showed us all the places where a myriad of Hollywood films were shot, from John Wayne movies to Forrest Gump. And he even took us by the set where a Neil Patrick Harris movie is being shot. All in all a great immersive experience into both the scenery and the Navajo living experience!

1  Thank newsanchor