“Monument Valley Safari Tours”

Monument Valley Safari
$85.00*
3 Hour Mystery Valley Guided Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Navajo Owned and Operated touring Company, Offering Private, Scenic, Cultural excursions into Monument Valley and the Surrounding area.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I were in Monument Valley in early May. Having read the positive reviews about this tour company, we decided to book an all day excursion. We asked to have Clint be our guide since he had been mentioned as being very knowledgeable about photography. He was that and much more! He took us to fabulous sites, and I came back with shots that I never would have gotten on my own or even with a guide who did not understand photography. We were in a very comfortable Suburban which kept us out of the dust except when we were out actually taking shots. We really appreciated the vehicle when we passed other tours which had the guests sitting in the back of open pick-ups while driving through a cloud of dust. That is definitely not the way to see Monument Valley. If you are going to Monument Valley, I cannot recommend this group and specifically Clint too highly. Even if you do not love photography, your expectations will be exceeded. I would have given them 6 stars if that were a possibility!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a wonderful tour around Monument Valley with Monument Valley Safari, our guide was Charlene. She was knowledgeable, friendly and we felt we received exceptional value for money for our tour. Definitely take a 4x4 tour and don't attempt to drive the route in your own car.
thanks Charlene, Sue and Tony, South Australia

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were surprised when our guide took us to a 4x4 that was just for us - we weren't expecting a personal tour but that's what we got. It was a great way to see Monument Valley up close. We were taken further into than the valley than you could go on your own. Our guide was very knowledgeable and an excellent driver over the terrain. He gave us a real insight into Monument Valley and the Navajo culture. He knew where to go for great photos and he took his time. Great tour - great company. Would recommend them to family & friends.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My parents, boyfriend and I went to Monument Valley early in May. I had wanted to visit more in depth since a brief visit many years ago, and no one else had ever been at all. My Dad had been really looking forward to the visit for quite some time. So, needless to say, there was a significant amount of pressure to make the experience the best and most memorable it could be. I researched many tour companies before deciding on Monument Valley Safari, and I could not have been happier. Our Navajo guide Duffy took as much time at each stop that we wanted, answering questions and explaining much about his culture and life. We did the combination Safari, Monument Valley in the morning and Mystery Valley in the afternoon, 6 hours in total. Our experience was one that we will all remember and treasure always, Monument Valley Safari exemplifies what a phenomenal tour company should be.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked two tours, the Mystery Canyon and the Lower Monument Valley tour. We did not realise at the time of booking that these would be personal tours. But this meant that we had the benefit of our our guide (Bobby) to ourselves. Bobby took time to explain everything we were seeing, ancient dwellings, petroglyphs etc and explained their meanings. He also told us of the local people in the area, how they lived and how they viewed the developments in the area . We had the time to stand and absorb the beauty of the surroundings without being rushed and without the chatty of a lot of other people, Bobby even played his flute which added to the atmosphere of the experience of being in such a spiritual place. Thank you Bobby, excellent job.