“Unbelievable Views”

and up
Lower Monument Valley Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Navajo Owned and Operated touring Company, Offering Private, Scenic, Cultural excursions into Monument Valley and the Surrounding area.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
Racine, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable Views”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We spent two days in the Valley and on both tours we had Duffy as our tour guide. His knowledge of the culture, history as well as the geography of the area provided us with a facinating adventure. Many of the wonderful photos taken by Duffy now adorn the walls of my office and will provide many lasting memories.The only way to get an in depth tour of the Valley is by utilizing one of the guides...and Duffy is the one! The on site lodging and dining facilities were outstanding and reasonably priced.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Lee H

• Korean first
Carshalton, United Kingdom
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was such an amazing, unforgettable experience and our guide Duffy added to that. Booking a tour means you can go off road and enter parts of the valley tourists driving their own cars are not allowed in. Also, the terrain is pretty rough and when we went it was raining quite heavily, causing huge puddles and mud - I wouldn't have wanted to drive through this in our hire car! Duffy's knowledge of the area really made the cost of the tour worthwhile as well. We stopped at lots of different points, including John Ford point, where due to the weather there was no-one else around so we got some amazing photos) and covered a lot of ground. It's such an awe-inspiring place, I am so glad I got the chance to visit here.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Smileycat16
San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mystery Valley With Duffy”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had booked a safari in Mistery Valley with Duffy (August 2012). I think it was a 4 hours tour but Duffy is a real Navajo and he follows the Navajo time... Then, the safari was at our rythm and lasted more... that was just perfect. After a small discussion and presentations, Duffy tested us in a steep rock. I think that we persuaded him that there was no physical limitation nor vertigo and then we could climb and jump and climb again in the best places. That was really great. Such a rich afternoon. Duffy was also very appreciated by our boys (17 and 20) because he has a great sense of humour. At the end of the afternoon, we had the feeling to drive with a friend. You just forget that you are a tourist and actually we didn't meet a single one! I think we'll be back Duffy, then keep fit! Amitiés de France.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Xavier d
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A spectacular tour of the back country in Monument Valley”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We rocked up at the tour guide centre on the opposite end of the car park to the visitors centre and booked our tour. We were on our way on 15 minutes! We took the 3 hour back country tour to see " The Eye of the Sun", and ancient pueblo petroglyphs. Duffy was our fabulous guide. He taught us quite a bit about Navajo culture which was absolutely fascinating. I loved this tour. I have been on a six week holiday in the states from Australia and this was my favourite adventure. Educational, beautiful, inspiring and lots of fun. I highly recommend this tour..... Ask if Duffy is available to take you because amongst his other awesome talents he will play the flute for you and help you take better photos than you thought possible!

Milpitas, California
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Beautiful views from distance and difficult to miss”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is the spot even if you do not know abouth this place before your trip or driving on highway 163 youcan not miss it. It is visible from distance and even couple of times Monuments are in centre of your windshield.
We have seen this place while driving from Moab UT to Page AZ.
In order to see all those Mesa/Butts you have to take left on 163 (when driving from Nothh to South). Initialy after looking at board I thought may be some local shops might be there. But after few minutes you can see Welcome sign with Monumnet Valley and Nvajo tribes statues. Then you will hit the pay station 5 USD per person to enter into Novajo Tribe Park, even though they say tribe park, it is actually, getway to drive on dirt road close to Mesa/Butt what you have seen from distance. It takes 2 hr, we skipped that.
We went to visiotr centre. I saw one big hotel there, I think this hotel could have been listed in TripAdvisor's Best View from Hotels.
Gift shop is really good. In this area if you would like to shop handcraft items or souvenirs this is ths must go place. In addtion for miles there is no other shop at least in winter.
Views from the Tribe Park Visitor Centre are fantastic. Worth going there.

Visited December 2012