“A spectacular tour of the back country in Monument Valley”

Monument Valley Safari
$85.00*
3-Hour Mystery Valley Guided Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Navajo Owned and Operated touring Company, Offering Private, Scenic, Cultural excursions into Monument Valley and the Surrounding area.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We rocked up at the tour guide centre on the opposite end of the car park to the visitors centre and booked our tour. We were on our way on 15 minutes! We took the 3 hour back country tour to see " The Eye of the Sun", and ancient pueblo petroglyphs. Duffy was our fabulous guide. He taught us quite a bit about Navajo culture which was absolutely fascinating. I loved this tour. I have been on a six week holiday in the states from Australia and this was my favourite adventure. Educational, beautiful, inspiring and lots of fun. I highly recommend this tour..... Ask if Duffy is available to take you because amongst his other awesome talents he will play the flute for you and help you take better photos than you thought possible!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is the spot even if you do not know abouth this place before your trip or driving on highway 163 youcan not miss it. It is visible from distance and even couple of times Monuments are in centre of your windshield.
We have seen this place while driving from Moab UT to Page AZ.
In order to see all those Mesa/Butts you have to take left on 163 (when driving from Nothh to South). Initialy after looking at board I thought may be some local shops might be there. But after few minutes you can see Welcome sign with Monumnet Valley and Nvajo tribes statues. Then you will hit the pay station 5 USD per person to enter into Novajo Tribe Park, even though they say tribe park, it is actually, getway to drive on dirt road close to Mesa/Butt what you have seen from distance. It takes 2 hr, we skipped that.
We went to visiotr centre. I saw one big hotel there, I think this hotel could have been listed in TripAdvisor's Best View from Hotels.
Gift shop is really good. In this area if you would like to shop handcraft items or souvenirs this is ths must go place. In addtion for miles there is no other shop at least in winter.
Views from the Tribe Park Visitor Centre are fantastic. Worth going there.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent about four hours traveling through Monument Valley with Skye in October 2012. We were able to tour some areas that most of the public does not get to see. It was a fun, bumpy ride. Monument Valley is the most breathtaking place I have ever seen. It was the highlight of our trip. Thanks to Skye and Monument Valley Safari.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Duffy was a wonderful guide for our early August half day tour. He shared stories about the land and the culture that my teenagers will remember for the rest of their lives. The half day tour was a perfect amount of time and the early morning light was amazing. It also left us with plenty of time to shop at the Navajo market, where we bought some terrific things at great prices (including many holiday gifts that allowed us to relive the memories of the trip again with family and friends).

1  Thank Beverly A
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Your personal touch during our July2012 tour was amazing. My husband and I had been to Monument Valley once before, but this time was the best! You know the land and we felt your love for it. Thank you for making our trip memorable.