“A Great Tour of Monument Valley”

Navajo Spirit Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our guides will take you on an adventure through a land full of Beauty and Mystery. Navajo Spirit Tours is dedicated to sharing culture, history, geology and archeology of the area. It is important to us that you feel as though you are part of Monument Valley and not just a visitor.
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A Great Tour of Monument Valley”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We took a photography tour for 3 hours, which ended up being 4 hours. It was 250$ but worth the money. Larson , our guide showed us around with enthusiasm, and he was a very cool guy. The terrain was really rough and there was no way that we would have made it in our car. We had a great time on this tour, and would highly recommend it.

1 Thank Hubbleflow

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“I was taking by surprise.. wonderful experiencie”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We meet Gary our guide early morning, I expected a "regular" tour. I was in for a big surprise. He was terrific. Very knowledgeable about and sincere. We live in Boston, my wife is French and I was born in Costa Rica, we travel extensible. This company is the "real McCoy" Highly recommended.

Northampton, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our first time experience of MV was just fantastic! And I believe our guide Gary was definitely a part of it. Through his wonderful stories about the Navajos, their culture, life and beliefs, we just had a grand tour of 3 hours, without seeing time passing by. We even had the joy to listen to a song in one of the arches, very special places. We always felt,there was plenty of time to stop, look and ask questions. I would recommend our guide and this tour for the quality and care that was given to us.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went to MV when I was a kid, but never with a guide. The experience was unforgettable. So many cool and inspiring things to see that aren't "on the map." The colors in the morning are amazing. Our guide was very knowledgable, friendly, and entertaining (also a great 4wd driver!). Seeing MV with a local adds so much to the experience. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“GREAT TOUR”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

When we got to MV we discovered there were over 20 different tour companies. I read about the reviews of this company from Trip Advisor ... and the comments are correct. This is a GREAT tour company. I HIGHLY recommend Navajo Spirit Tours. Harry took us on a 4 hour tour for MV sharing a LOT of information about MV as well as the Navajo people. He was great! He takes you to a lot of places that are off limits to others. We also opted to go on the Mystery Valley tour. This tour is more about the cliff dwellings and rocks drawings -- you see similar things, but in different ways. Seeing it in winter was also outstanding -- a light dusting of snow really brought out more color. I cannot imagine doing this in the heat of summer. Combining these 2 tours made for a full day, but well worth it. Do it all! Absolutely do not drive into the valley yourself -- go on a tour. The View hotel is worth staying at and the food bar was also great.

1 Thank Kobuck1369