“Fantastic Experience”

Navajo Spirit Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our guides will take you on an adventure through a land full of Beauty and Mystery. Navajo Spirit Tours is dedicated to sharing culture, history, geology and archeology of the area. It is important to us that you feel as though you are part of Monument Valley and not just a visitor.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I looked forward to this tour of Monument Valley and we were not disappointed. We chose the 2 1/2 hour Monument Valley tour at 3pm. We felt fortunate to have Bobby was our driver/guide. He was informative not only of the "movie" history of the Valley but also of the historical significance of the various attractions. He also added to the tour with his Native American flute performance beneath the "Great Hogan." Furthermore, we enjoyed going into areas only Navajo guides could go. We would recommend Navajo Spirit Tours to anyone traveling in this area. It enhance for us what was an almost magical experience in this area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,331)

Reviewed November 4, 2012

One of the most beautiful and mystical vacations of our lives took place this October in Monument Valley. We had experienced this amazing land a year and a half ago for a short time and had decided to return for more. We had gone into the valley with Navajo Spirit Tours on our previous visit and contacted them again. My husband is a photographer and I am a writer. The first day we went with our guide, Larson Homer, by jeep into Copper Canyon. We felt like we were the only people on earth, alone with wind and beauty. The rock formations were stunning. We explored abandoned dwellings, hiked through washes where rain turns into roaring rivers, saw a waterfall and danced on sand dunes covering a lost civilization that still gives up arrow heads and fragments of pottery. Larson cooked us a picnic supper under an unbelievable sunset. Coming back we saw the Milky Way as we had only imagined it. We couldn’t see how anything could equal this experience! But the next day, Larson took us to Hunt’s Mesa, a jeep-ride up the side of a mountain! There was a photograph and a poem at every turn. But then we arrived at the top of the mesa OVERLOOKING the landscape of Monument Valley. We saw the towering land forms as an eagle would see them. ‘Awe’ hardly begins to describe what we felt. In addition to transporting us into magical kingdoms, Larson told us history and legends of the Navajo and I learned a few Navajo words. Since he is himself an accomplished photographer, he helped Jim find the settings and angles he needed to get the best shots. The memories of this experience continue to inspire us every day.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My sister and I had a wonderful tour with Garry Holiday of Navajo Spirit Tour Company. Garry was very accommodating and knowledgeable. He grew up in this area and loves to share his experiences with you. He even plays the flute! I would highly recommend him.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My family were taken on an unforgettable private tour of Monument and Mystery Valleys by Miesha. We were thrilled when she sang to us at the amazing Hogan in the back country, and learned a lot about the Navajo nation and its history. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

November 2, 2012 -- I contacted Navajo Spirit Tours a week before coming and they were very responsive, accomodating, and wanted to understand my needs as a photographer. They hooked me and my wife up with Larsen who took us out for a morning photography tour and the same in the evening of teardrop arch. He is a 21 year old man who was exquisitely familiar with where to position oneself for the various sites around the Valley. He was perfectly on time, very accomodating, and did not rush us at all. He wanted to know if we had questions, introduced us to Navajo culture, and entertained us with relaxing flute music. I am coming away with great shots-- and If the sun wasn't showing for certain shots such as the sand dunes near totem pole, he told us we should move on since it wan't happening. I went to Monument Valley 4 years ago and had a somewhat flaky experience with another tour, so I'm more than pleased with the first rate service. Larsen, Gary, Michelle-- thanks so much! Lenn and Jason