“Restaurant - The View”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
London, United Kingdom
“Restaurant - The View”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good food at reasonable prices given the area. Staff very friendly and service good. Resturant closes at 9pm so need to ensure in Resturant before then.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Long Beach, ca.
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Ate here for two dinners. Food was pretty good. Good service and with a smile. Little expensive... but where else is there to go? Enjoy it.

Maple Park, Illinois
“Limited selection, overpriced”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My first memory of this restaurant was that it was overpriced. We stayed in the town of Kayenta AZ and came out early in the morning to catch the sunrise. Then we went to the hotel for breakfast, and I was disappointed to learn that you can only take the full buffet breakfast for one price. (My thought was to have a little oatmeal & fruit, but when paying a full price, I feel like I have to take more food to make it more worthwhile.) So that's what I mean by limited selection: the only choice is "the buffet."
After taking the scenic drive, and hiking around one of the "mittens," we went back to the buildings for a late lunch. The kitchen was closed, and all that was available was pre-made sandwiches & salads & cold drinks. Still limited & still over-priced.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Wilma608
Orange Park, Florida
“Mmmm fried bread!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

When staying at The View Hotel, this is the only place to dine. Note, there is no alcohol served on the property. I heard table after table, after table, ask for wine, beer or liquor during dinner. Service is a mixed bag depending on the time of day and who is waiting on your table. While the staff was pleasant, when the restaurant filled to capacity for breakfast or dinner, the wait staff did not come back to check on us during our meal. For dinner we had the sampler. All of the stews were yummy and the fried bread was heavenly. The fried bread was served with honey and powdered sugar which basically amounts to.... a funnel cake! Who doesn't like funnel cake with their dinner? Breakfast is a simple buffet where you must ask for an order of bacon or sausage. I guess this is a way to keep meat consumption low! Bottom line. You are not in Monument Valley to do an epicurean food tour. Be kind to the staff and be sure to tip appropriately.

Canberra, Australia
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It's expensive and the food isn't worth the money so I'd say, if you want to save some money, try and avoid it.

We stayed 2 nights at the View Hotel (see my review about the Hotel and Park) and went to the restaurant the first night. If you're staying at the View Hotel there aren't many dinning options and it's one of the few restaurants in the area in general.

The menu is very limited. There are about 10 local dishes but if you want something more familiar, there are only like 4-5 options to choose from. We went with the only non-fried dish which was steak and it was $23 before taxes and tip. The steak was average and came with my choice of baked potato (only one...) and some cooked veggies. After taxes and tip on those 2 meals we ended up paying over $60 for a very average and not very enjoyable meal.

The service was slow and I didn't find the staff to be friendly or get out of their way for the guests.

The view is good if you get a table in the middle by the window (I don't know if you can reserve a table) but if you're staying in the hotel, your view is great anyway. We got a table for two on the side so although it was by the window we hardly got any view.

For the second night we got some refrigerated meals from the Shall gas station near Mexican Hat (it's on the way to Monument Valley if you go hiking around National Bridges National Monument) and warmed them up in the microwave in the room. That's what I would recommend doing if you want to save some money, or maybe get the pre-made sandwiches from the View Restaurant for $5. To be honest, I enjoyed my burrito from the gas station much more than I enjoyed the steak from the restaurant...

• Visited April 2013