“Good quality and quantity”

The View Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Native American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good quality and quantity”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The breakfast buffet was good and solid although not outstanding. We enjoyed trying the many Navaho dishes on the menu and suggest others do the same - they were all enjoyable and different, as they should be!!!

• Korean first
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Food was good; service friendly.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Liked the authentic Navajo food, the atmosphere and the service. The view of the "Mittens" gave it a special appeal.

Visited August 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“We liked it”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The food was good and the portions generous. Really liked the blue corn fry bread. I had their bison short ribs which were also good. Our biggest quibble was they brought the entrees out before we had even begun to make a dent in our salads or appetizer. But our waiter was so nice and the food good.

summit
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at The View for two nights which was a perfect way to experience Monument Valley. There are two hotels in the immediate area, but I am glad we chose the View. The view of the valley is spectacular from the outdoor terraces, the room terraces and even the elevator! The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Our guided tour of the valley originates on a road right at our hotel. And the fantastic 3.2 mile walk also originates in our parking lot. I also recommend the Dining room for dinner (over the other hotel’s dining room) if you want authentic Native meal choices. Visiting Monument Valley is a MUST. It may be the most beautiful place in America. Also a MUST is taking a guided tour (I recommend Monument Valley Safari tour) to learn about the history and culture.

Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“No complaints.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Maybe we just got lucky on this trip, but I'm starting to wonder if the people with the horror stories were eating/staying at the same places we did! I guess it's more likely that some people don't allow for bad days, or legitimate and unavoidable circumstances that led to bad experiences.
The restaurant is attractive and the menu has a nice selection of Navajo and other dishes. Prices were not that bad, with the possible exception of the $8 charged for a chips and salsa appetizer. They don't provide bread or complimentary chips and salsa as would be expected at nearly every other diner, restaurant or cafe in North America!
The Navajo Sampler ($24) provided a very nice selection of favorite Navajo dishes, and was fairly filling - at least for normal appetites (I realize I eat a lot).
The traditional Navajo tea was very good with dessert, which I ordered without realizing what I was getting into. I ordered the frybread with honey and powdered sugar (Essentially a Navajo sopapilla). Then I made the mistake of takking the server's suggestion to have it a la mode. I hear a la mode, and I think a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The reality was essentially a fry bread banana split - thankfully without the banana, but with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry and toppings! The foreign travelers at the next table looked at it with what appeared to be a mix of awe and horror as they had seen what I had already consumed for dinner. But seriously, it was VERY good, and I nearly finished it! Just plan on sharing it with someone (Or maybe six someones).
NOTE: Though I gave this a $$$ below, it isn't a reflection of any sort of dress code. We were dressed for dessert walking.

• Visited September 2012