The View Hotel may be expensive, but it is worth every penny. Monument Valley is a truly stunning landscape, and one of the ways that is has been able to remain so remarkable is that there has been minimal development in the surrounding area. Apart from Goulding's Lodge, which is a short drive outside of the tribal park, The View is the only hotel or restaurant for miles. Alternatives in towns like Kayenta are 30 minutes away from the park, are older and more outdated, and are rather expensive in their own right. The more you factor in the alternatives the better value The View begins to become.
The rooms are modern and fairly standard hotel rooms. However what clearly sets this hotel apart are the spectacular views from the private balconies in each and every room. It couldn't have been easier to enjoy both the sunrise and the sunset at Monument Valley. I am by no means a morning person, but you have no excuse to skip the sunrise at Monument Valley when all you have to do is step out onto your own private balcony and enjoy the view. The hotel's restaurant was also quite good and very reasonably priced for the quantity and quality of the food. The Navajo dishes here were some of the best we had on our entire trip. The green chile stew and the red chile posole were standout dishes. We had one breakfast, lunch, and dinner here and all were good. The service was also excellent both in the restaurant and the hotel.
My only comment would be that since the Navajo nation is alcohol free there is no alcohol available at the hotel or restaurant. If you are interested in having a drink you can do what we did and buy a bottle of wine from wherever you are travelling from to enjoy on your own balcony during the sunset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View is the only hotel inside the Monument Valley Tribal Park. Every guestroom has a private balcony with a view of the iconic formations of Monument Valley - so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch The Mittens! Guestrooms feature flat screen TVs, coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless Internet. Enjoy the panorama of Monument Valley while dining in The View restaurant with views to the rising sun and the sunset as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your The View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Hotel Monument Valley
- The View Hotel Monument Valley, Utah