There's that old adage "location, location, location". So, with that said, we paid the extra fee to be on the top floor with the "sky view". In hindsight, this was completely unnecessary... and I'm a photog! All of the rooms face the valley floor with the spectacular view everyone is looking for. Neither of our two nights were spent stargazing because we were too tired from hiking the Wildcat trail and horseback riding. Worth noting is that the "do not disturb" sign that we hung on our door, was not honored. Strangely, a fellow asking if we needed our air conditioning fixed knocked on the door. My husband was completely puzzled since our AC was just fine and we did not ask for a service tech. This was after we informed housekeeping that we did not need our room cleaned. Trying to help water conservation efforts, our family sees no need to have sheets cleaned after just one night of sleeping on them. Towels? Well, they can be used twice. Were they checking on us? We will never know, but it gave us pause because the inquiry from a very large fellow just didn't seem legitimate. Internet access. The website states that internet access is only available in the lobby area. Much to our surprise, we found that our room had wonderful signal strength. It was 10 rooms away from the lobby. Staff. They were hit or miss. I chatted with the front desk on the first day of our stay and the young lady was helpful and pleasant during check in. On the second day, when my husband requested the parking pass that you need to enter the scenic drive, he found the gentleman completely surly. My knee-jerk reaction was that this hotel is the only one around. They have zero competition. Parking was good but during our stay we found two stray dogs wandering around the lot. Sadly, one had a broken front paw and was limping towards some cars to find shade. This broke our hearts. Know that the surround area is very impoverished. Be sure to tip if you utilize any of the tour services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View is the only hotel inside the Monument Valley Tribal Park. Every guestroom has a private balcony with a view of the iconic formations of Monument Valley - so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch The Mittens! Guestrooms feature flat screen TVs, coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless Internet. Enjoy the panorama of Monument Valley while dining in The View restaurant with views to the rising sun and the sunset as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your The View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Hotel Monument Valley
- The View Hotel Monument Valley, Utah