“Great views and location, shame about the food.”
Review of The View Hotel

and 1 more site!
The View Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Monument Valley
Prestwood England
“Great views and location, shame about the food.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a recently well refurbished room on the 2nd floor and the views were outstanding. I don't really think it really matters which room you have as they all have stunning views. The only thing that stops this hotel being World class is the really poor food served in the restaurant. Both our meals on the first night were dreadfull. I would still stay at this hotel as it is fabulously located, has great rooms, unbeatable views and nice staff. Just sort out the quality of the food.

Room Tip: As long as your room faces the valley I would not worry about locating on the dearer upper floors.
1 Thank Jonse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Cardigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yes agree with everyone about the hotel . However what was annoying is that you can hear conversation/ Tv from adjacent rooms. If you are on the ground floor you can hear guests walking around and even having a show from above. Need to bear this in mind but what an experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less noise interference
1 Thank PaulP3310
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I can only say this is one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had. My wife and I stayed in this hotel for two nights and loved the peacefulness of the place. The magnitude of the beauty you can see from your own room balcony is something difficult to forget and to describe. One must stay there to really appreciate.

1 Thank drlongo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I cannot say enough how much I adored this hotel! I LOVE everything about it. The staff was incredibly nice, the hotel/rooms were very clean, and the VIEW? Well, let's just say...it changed my life! I can't express how beautiful and breathtaking it was to watch the sunrise over Monument Valley. It made my heart burst with humbleness and thankfulness... and LOVE for the Southwest.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice and the view from their dining room was an extra bonus! The rooms were spacious and clean. The bathrooms were HUGE (and super clean!!) The view from the room's balcony was (once again) OUTSTANDING!

I am a concierge in Las Vegas and haven't stopped talking about this place. I tell EVERY single guest about The VIew hotel whenever ever I get the chance. Everyone MUST stay here once in their lifetime to watch that beautiful sunset/sunrise.

Thank you for the great hospitality provided! I will most definitely return and continue to spread the good word!!

3 Thank Sheenna M
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I agree with other reviewers that its a must to stay at The View Hotel while visiting MVNTPark. The nearest town is about a thirty minute drive away and there is nothing to look at there.
The outside of the hotel is unimpressive, but the lobby is charmingly decorated in Navajo style. The employees were very nice and helpful. I wasn't sure the room was as clean as I wanted, The Navajo Spreads on the bottom of the bed didn't look all that clean. Otherwise, I have no complaints about the room. My son and I had a second floor room and of course, the view we had was beyond anything. Absolutely majestic! I read the other reviews of the restauarant before we got there, so wasn't expecting much. We are life long New Yorkers and probably are spoiled - service wasn't that great, very slow and there were only two young servers on a Saturday night, and the restaurant was mostly full. There is nothing else around there, so you have to eat at the hotel restaurant. I had Green Chili and chicken stew - it was ok, I wouldn't order it again though. My son had a kind of lamb stew which he didn't finish. A corn mash was suggested to us, by the waitress but we both found it tasteless. But don't let that stop anyone from staying there! It's very worthy of a visit, just make sure you have plenty of gas in your car, as the gas stations are few and far between. You can fill your tank in Tuba City and be on your way if you find yourself running low. We enjoyed driving around the park and taking pictures, its a once in a lifetime view and very beautiful. No wonder John Ford made some of his movies there. A trek on the Wildcat Trail had to end, because about half way around, we encountered a wild mustang grazing and didn't want to disturb him or have him disturbing us. Next morning we were up for the sunset, as were a few other guests, all volunteering to take pictures of other guests and vice versa. It was spectacular to see the sun coming up behind the monoliths. The picture taken of my son and I out there with that backdrop, has to be one of my favorites to look back on.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank aim2travel
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

You simply must stay here if you can. It is the only hotel in the valley and gets booked up a very long time in advance - it's not cheap but it's worth it for the views. Every single room has a balcony facing the Valley. We set up our camera on a tripod on our balcony to watch the sunset but realised there wasn't a single angle in which we could photograph the main buttes (the most famous ones you see in most of the photos) without also getting the viewing platform of the restaurant in the shot, which was a real shame, so we ended up going down there to take photos. We also did the same thing very early the next morning to photograph the sunrise and got some amazing shots. The rooms were perfectly comfortable but not anything special; there is a gift shop in the hotel but it is very expensive (and there are plenty of other places around you can buy Navajo jewellery). The food in the restaurant was really good - I tried Navajo fry bread which I definitely recommend.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Smileycat16
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Make no mistake: This is not Utah. This is not Arizona. This is Navajo Nation. If you think you're in the United States, you're wrong. Having said that, it's beautiful here. The rooms at the View Hotel all look out over Monument Valley ... and it has the gorgeous appeal of watching a 1960's era Hollywood Western. Where's John Wayne when you need him?

The rooms are nice and the location spectacular. The restaurant is lacking, but you come here for the view, not the food. Get over it.

Traveler Tip: If possible, drive down into the valley at sunrise or sunset. The colors will take your breath away!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
#2 of 4 in Kayenta
Ticaboo Resort
Ticaboo Resort
#1 of 1 in Lake Powell

Been to The View Hotel? Share your experiences!