If you plan to stay to see Monument Valley STAY HERE! (Read more for STAFF DRAWBACKS) You will not regret it and the view from your room will literally take the wind out of your lungs the minute you walk to your balcony.
We're going to go back to this hotel ONLY. The rooms were clean, comfortable and appliances were perfect. The beds were soft mattresses and I didn't hear my next door neighbors (a big plus in my books.) We ate our dinner on our balcony as we watched the dusky mittens right in front of us. The day we arrived there was a sand storm so the picture-wise it was a poor day to take pictures but it gave the view a dusty mysterious look. (It snowed during the night so all the sand settled for a clear morning of taking pristine photos.
Here is my main quam. Although the staff in general were informative I felt like I was in a hotel ran by a high school. Everyone at the desk had to be under the age of 22 and they were all snooty and gave off a very unthankful vibe. I didn't see anyone offer any information that they didn't have too, if you ask you'll get a fake smile and a short answer. As we were taking our luggage to our room in the indoor hallways there were locals (of whom were workers) running up and down the hallway, seemingly playing tag?
I'm not sure if they have changed the location of the gift store or not but we could not find it! We accidentally ran upon. The gift shop service was no better. I handed her a coupon with my purchase and she sneered. I wanted to laugh but I was in fear I would get a sneer myself. She too was between 18-20 and when I paid for my purchase she didn't say "thank you" but turned her back to me, leaned on the counter and started texting. I felt as if my business and my stay was a burden on their social life.
In my opinion I would put up with the poor service all over again because the stay was worth it. I just wish the reservation would reconsider for new staff, staff that appreciates their job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View is the only hotel inside the Monument Valley Tribal Park. Every guestroom has a private balcony with a view of the iconic formations of Monument Valley - so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch The Mittens! Guestrooms feature flat screen TVs, coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless Internet. Enjoy the panorama of Monument Valley while dining in The View restaurant with views to the rising sun and the sunset as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and TravelUp so you can book your The View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Hotel Monument Valley
- The View Hotel Monument Valley, Utah