Me and my girlfriend stayed at The View Hotel for one night in July 2012
First of let me say that the name for this hotel is absolutely spot-on!
The view is simply amazing, and from what I could figure the view is the same for all of the rooms.
We stayed in a King Bed Suite - Premium Star View (which basically means it's on the top floor), but after looking at the lay-out of the hotel I wouldn't have paid the extra money for this room, as all of the rooms face the famous "Mittens", and get the exact same view, so save your money and just take a normal room.
The hotel lobby and surrounding area looked nice, but the room felt a bit dark and gloomy, and didn't look like a room in, what is still, a fairly new hotel.
But that doesn't really matter because you're not here to stay in your room, and if you just step out onto the balcony you quickly forget about everything else.
As an attachment to the hotel lies the visitor center, with a restaurant and souvenir shop.
The restaurant is decent, and what you would expect out in the middle of the desert in terms of quality. We didn't need a reservation when we stayed there.
There is also a little kiosk which sells the essentials like water/soda and snacks for your tour into Monument Valley.
If you stay in Monument Valley I highly recommend you take a guided tour into the back country and don't just stay on the loop road (which I wouldn't recommend you do in your own vehicle anyway as it is very bumpy and uneven). You do need a guide for this, but you can catch a tour at the visitors center or book one in advance online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View is the only hotel inside the Monument Valley Tribal Park. Every guestroom has a private balcony with a view of the iconic formations of Monument Valley - so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch The Mittens! Guestrooms feature flat screen TVs, coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless Internet. Enjoy the panorama of Monument Valley while dining in The View restaurant with views to the rising sun and the sunset as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Hotel Monument Valley
- The View Hotel Monument Valley, Utah