I stayed here in a tent on the same spot in 1998 & the hotel in September 2012 and had some reservations on how it would be. In fact it’s very good and overall the hotel is very quiet and relaxing. It does not really feel commercial when compared with the head of the valley in general and the restaurant but that’s due to the overall popularity of Monument Valley, although it quietens down a lot towards evening in the valley. We stayed in a star room which gets slightly better views than the ground floor but that’s about all the difference. The rooms are very pleasant, clean with Navajo inspired décor & all come with a balcony and that ever present uninterrupted view! The lobby has huge picture windows and is filled with Navajo artefacts. The restaurant is good but very busy so don’t expect a romantic meal or fine dining, but it’s well priced and serves authentic cuisine. The advantage of the View is just for a small moment in time you become part of the valley and can experience how the landscape changes throughout the day, it’s slightly expensive but it’s the best place to stay. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The View is the only hotel inside the Monument Valley Tribal Park. Every guestroom has a private balcony with a view of the iconic formations of Monument Valley - so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch The Mittens! Guestrooms feature flat screen TVs, coffee makers, refrigerator, microwave, and wireless Internet. Enjoy the panorama of Monument Valley while dining in The View restaurant with views to the rising sun and the sunset as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TravelUp so you can book your The View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- View Hotel Monument Valley
- The View Hotel Monument Valley, Utah