Hat Rock Inn(Mexican Hat)
Free cancellation until 07/28
$157
$189
Hampton.com
$181
$152
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Ticaboo Resort(Lake Powell)(Great Value!)
$111
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 07/27
$175
3,096 results
All reviewsjohn waynegift shoptrading postgas stationcar washsmall museumsunset tourdeluxe tourno alcoholwatch the sunriserock formationsnavajo tacofull kitchenvisit to monument valleyindoor poolthe main hotelprivate balcony
Reviewed March 4, 2005

After reading some of the reviews on here, I was expecting it to be worse that it was. I thought the room was fine and looked like it was done over not very long ago. The view from the balcony was like no other that you will ever see...ANYWHERE ELSE ON EARTH! The rock formation behind the motel/diner was something in itself. The museum was really cool, especially the upstairs where the former owners lived for many years. We did not eat at the diner because of what was said on here. The grocery store that Gouldings owns is well stocked and prices not bad for where you are either. One night we drove to Bluff and ate at the Twin Rocks Cafe and the food was REALLY good there but a bit of a drive for dinner! I think we paid $79 a night in Feb. and the pool was not working, that was a bit of a bummer for the kids. I would recommend Gouldings to anyone staying in the area. You have to pay the Navajo to go on the 17 mile loop road from the Navajoland visitors center and check out "John Ford Point"...you'll not forget the views!

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank rdrunr
Reviewed February 15, 2005

the hotel itself isn't great, but the location is absolutly fantastic. I can't comment on other peoples experience of the food as we bought a disposable bbq some nice meat and some corn on the cob and had a BBQ on our balcony whilst enjoying the magnificent sunset. The tour to Monument Valley was also really enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2004
9  Thank igor62
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 26, 2005

Well, after reading comments before I traveled to Monument Valley, I wasn't surprised when I got to Gould's. I guess you just deal with it and take your lumps. You can't tell me the owners of this lodge don't read the web posts concerning their establishment. Don't they have a clue. Well, like one posting said, it's the only game in town. Very sad as it may be, the topography and geomorphic landforms are probably some of the most impressive on the face of the earth, as were the sunrise and sunset. Oh, and no alcohol.....that's correct....you can resolve this issue by bringing your own, plus your own food. Whoever would eat in that dinner after having experienced it once should have their head examined. But I doubt that will ever change. Great place to visit, but sure wouldn't make it an extended stay. We can leave that up to the natives.

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 12, 2004

Let's face it this place is a glorified Motel 6 BUT it's the only game in town.

You are paying for the views which are the most spectacular I have seen and will never be forgotten.

TIP: Stay here and bring your own food. The restaurant food is horrid. I told a friend and she didn't believe me. We ate there and she agreed and thought I had been exaggerating. Brown bag it or eat a big lunch and snack it for dinner. You have been warned.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Santee, Ca.
Reviewed December 11, 2004

We stayed at the Lodge on Dec. 4th & 5th. The scenery was spectacular as noted in other reviews. But to wake up that morning to see a winter wonderland with 4" of snow had fallen. Just Beautiful, and then to know we were going on the all day tour...awesome. Our tour guide named Don, was a dedicated indivdual that shared the Navaho way of life. All rooms have a spectacular view with good food and service at the restaurant. My wife and I had visted quite a few places, but this experience has to rate close to the top..

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member