The Monticello Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wayside Motor Inn(Monticello)
View Hotel
Inn at the Canyons(Monticello)
Gateway Inn(Blanding)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe ownerroom was cleantiled bathroomold schoolmotor court motelflat screen tvnew carpeta great place to staywould stay here againlong drivesmall townmonument valleygreat priceafter a long daymoaberamicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We often use this motel in the course of our work. It's a mid-twentieth century masterpiece of architechure and one can imagine an Eames lounge chair in every room. That aside, the rooms are modern, extremely clean, and quiet. The owners and front desk staff are very friendly and knowledgeable of the area--offering suggestions for side trips for your family and other pastimes. Unfortunately, I have stayed for work-related projects and haven't taken advantage of all the places and activities in this sleeper of a resort town.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back would be quieter, but all the rooms have been great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MundaneTraveler
kandycane01, Manager at The Monticello Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us and we appreciate the comments! We try to keep the rooms as updated as possible without losing the charm and history of the motel. We love our area here and hope you get to come and visit on non work related time as well! Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule to fill this out!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is an ok hotel. It is older inside and out. The bed was comfortable but very low to the floor. The bed and bathroom were very clean but the carpet was very stained. We even put on shoes at night to use the bathroom. There was no breakfast.

1  Thank 195flying

We appreciate you taking the time to fill out the review on TripAdvisor. We are sorry you felt the floors were dirty..we try to clean them as often as possible, and stains we try to catch right when they happen. If you could email me which room you were in it would really help me narrow down which floor we really need to focus on first as we are cleaning our carpets this week, due to fall and winter track in from rain and snow, which can make any carpet look haggard. I would really appreciate if you could take the time and if you can remember..its been awhile. Thank you for staying with us and we hope your travels are always wonderful!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Kind of dumpy motel, not very clean. We found it amazing that a town this close to so many attractions doesn't have a decent place to stay and virtually no restaurants. We thought about doing more hiking in Canyonlands National Park, but didn't want to stay in or around Monticello, so we left! What a shame! A golden opportunity for someone to open a quality motel with a decent restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
kandycane01, Manager at The Monticello Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our motel and our town. I am very sorry that we did not go above and beyond your expectations as we strive to do daily. I do not know the reason behind saying the motel was in your words " dumpy and not very clean." If you could email me specifics I will try my hardest to resolve any issues we may have on the property that would make you think that. As far as having a better motel/hotel in the area we have plenty of choices and in differing price ranges. We have some that offer more amenities then ours and is a newer version, but of course the difference in price will probably be $20-$100 or more a night then our little motel. The reason we can keep our prices so low for the area is we only have three people on staff, my father in law is the maintenance man and helps with anything else that may be needed, Jerri our amazing housekeeper who cleans the rooms better then any housekeeper I've met, and of course myself, the onsite manager who works from early morning(7am) to early morning(1am or later) doing laundry, check ins and pretty much anything and everything else. We are lucky to have even a full day off a week in high season, and pour our heart and soul into this place. As far as restaurants we have a ton of options for our little town, and in different price ranges as well. Just to name a few MD Ranch Cookhouse, PJ's, R&F Cafe, Peacetree Cafe, Thatza Pizza delivery, Taco Time, Subway and two wonderful food trucks that serve either fresh Mexican or Brazilian food. I am sorry we did not point these out for you when you were here, we normally do for our guests. Our town has a population of approximately 2,500 people and we LOVE our area! It is a difficult life having to drive an hour and 20minutes to Walmart or 3 hours to be in a large city for shopping, so keeping open a business here is very difficult and very expensive. I really believe if you understood the area better you may have a different view on it. I will be happy to send you or anyone for that matter our history from here which is an amazing story of hardships and trials for the settlers and the people who survive in this area now. We are NOT Moab in anyway shape or form, nor do we want to be. We like our peace and solitude, and the natural and beautiful wonders right outside our doors. As far as a "Golden Opportunity" goes, our other property Blue Mountain Horsehead Inn is for sale, and if you would like to partake in the Golden Opportunity please contact me and let me know and I will help you learn the ins and outs of it all. I hope your future travels are amazing and I do hope you get to come back to our wonderful area and enjoy its beauty and history! Respectfully Yours, Candace-on site manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Well, to avoid paying the extortionate rates in Tuba City, we opted for a night in Flagstaff, with an early dash north, to end up in Monticello.
Passed through here 4 years earlier from Colorado to see name changed. Rate offered was good enough, but had time to compare. Tried 1 other, same rate offered, but was on the main highway, so we shopped at the store on the junction and took the room. A nice facility well equipped with microwave/fridge. Take a look around the town, it doesn't take long, wild deer roaming, nice LDS temple.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
kandycane01, Manager at The Monticello Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We really appreciate it! We love our little town that can and hope that others get the chance to experience the beauty here as well. We hope the next time you pass through you would consider staying with us again, and let us know what we can do better to make you more comfortable. Thank you again for the review and have wonderful travels!

Candace -onsite manager

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying this motel isn't the Hilton Gardens BUT it has a few things the mega properties lack. On site owners who care about their property, very clean and comfortable rooms, quiet and most of all its location. Yes the place is old and doesn't have flat screen TVs but it does have a coffee pot and a mini fridge. I will take clean comfortable with nice staff all day long. So if your looking to waste a bunch of money and feel special go stay in Moab but if you want a nice little place stay here

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for writing a review and such a wonderful one at that! We really appreciate it! You are right in saying we are not the Hilton Gardens and we are not priced high but we do try to provide a great service at reasonable prices and a clean room for our customers to feel comfortable sleeping in. We aren't fancy in the least bit, but since this is my home too I feel it is a wonderful place to stay in the area. Thank you for saying your kind comments..it really does make my day to know that our hard work is not in vain. Next time you are in town let me know and I will give you a room that has a flat screen tv, we do have a couple right now and are working on setting up more of them. Happy travels to you and yours!

Candace-on site manager