“Hot coffee, ample breakfast, nice staff”
Review of R & F Restaurant

R & F Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Monticello
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed in Monticello one night ( motel did not offer breakfast) so we tried PJ's...supposed to be open but sigh said closed...so we went across the street to R&F. Waitress was wonderful...informative, cheery, friendly. Breakfast was yummy and filling, and the cost was reasonable.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We ate there on a weekend night and they we not too busy . Luckily since the waitress was the hostess and cashier. The salad bar looked like they put it together with scrap wood. The food was ok but way over priced. My wife wanted a baked pototo instead of fries and they wanted an additional $4.95 for the substitution. The waitress felt guilty about it. No adjustment though. Not a good value but par for the course for Monticello, UT.

2  Thank zman0131
Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you just want some home cooking this is the place to go. Nothing fancy but very sustaining. The staff that served us were very nice. It closed very early on Sunday night but there was not much else available in Monticello. There is a soup of the day, a small salad bar and also seniors meals. They have a variety of food such as burgers, steaks, sandwiches and fish & chips.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great meal and friendly service - Wed specials were mexican!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

After reading many reviews online, I was a bit hesitant about having a meal in this local establishment. However, I wouldn't be very useful at restaurant reviews if I just went by what others wrote. Camera and reading material in bag, off to R & F I went to get my own conclusions.

As I was walking up to R & F's door, I was greeted cheerily by employees standing outside; and even had the door opened for me. My hostess and waitress was Fana; and if you want to feel like a little kid in grandma's kitchen, she'll oblige you with a smile. Now I could have been a tourist passing through or a local dining alone, the employees there didn't know, but they treated me very, very well.

The interior is reminiscent of an old time country kitchen and that decor is intentional; just like the feeling of being in grandma's kitchen. The entire place is clean and that includes the kitchen area which I was allowed to visit. R & F is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner; 90% of the menu items are house made.

For dinner, I chose the Chicken Strips which came with a choice of potato, vegetable of the day and a cup of soup or a salad. I tried the soup of the day which was Chicken Noodle. A savory seasoned thick broth with old fashioned noodles, carrots and shredded chicken; a real stick to your ribs kind of soup. Just writing about it is making me crave more.

The chicken strips are coated in a mixture of flour and cornmeal; then deep fried to a crispy golden brown. At a half inch thick, the chicken was tender and juicy; it came with a spicy bbq sauce on the side, but you didn't really need it. The fries were crispy on the outside, fluffy inside and piping hot. The corn on the cob was hot, sweet and a perfect side for what I had ordered. No dessert for me; the meal I had just eaten was just right.

R & F is on Route 491 as you are going to or coming from Colorado; and if you're hungry, make sure to stop on in. There are many hotels and motels in Monticello, Utah and I hope they're giving their guests a hint about R & F. Oh, and if you're there on a Wednesday, stop on in for Mexican night; we're talking authentic Mexican cuisine. Whether you're a tourist or trucker passing through, or one of the locals; you'll feel welcomed comfort at R & F.

4  Thank Mary C