Canyonlands Lodging
$115
Average 3/5
$65
Good 3.5/5
Inn at the Canyons(Monticello)(Great Value!)
$110
Official Site
Gateway Inn(Blanding)
$74
Average 3/5
Stone Lizard Lodging(Blanding)(Great Value!)
$119
Great 4.5/5
The Cliff Palace(Blanding)(Great Value!)
$86
$75
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswhite pineranch cabinfamily reunionfire pithorse barncanyon viewsaw deerpaddle boatsguest ranchsmall lakegreat place for familythree bedroombeautiful cabinperfect locationstayed longerthe managersshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 weeks in the White Pine cabin, and it exceeded our expectations. Centrally located to many of the beautiful parks and wilderness areas. There were also many beautiful drives through canyons very close by. Waking up in the mornings to see deer grazing just a few yards from the cabin was a special treat! We hope to return in the near future!

Room Tip: Easy to miss the turnoff. Gettig to Upstairs loft may be challenging to some.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Blue Mountain Lodge was fantastic. I stayed there with my four brothers, their wives, and 17 of our kids. It was nestled in the pines well off the beaten path. The decor was fantastic, furniture very outdoor oriented. I felt like I was staying in a hunting lodge. There was plenty of room for everyone. The cons...the basement bathroom didn't appear finished, with gaps in the tiles by the floor and a smell of dusty wet cement when I took a shower, and the drain didn't drain very quickly. Potential safety hazards...I found in a small room next to my bedroom, a utility type room with 4-5 filled gas cans inside, stopped up by plastic bags. I don't know how safe that is. Also I noticed two bedrooms had wiring for smoke detectors, but none installed. There was no air conditioning, we had to rely on breezes which usually did the trick.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely! We all loved the place. I would give it a whopping 5 if it weren't for the safety issues and bathroom.
Location...if you want to get away from civilization and be in the woods, this place gets a 5. If you want to be near any stores, then I'd give it a 3. The nearest towns are very small.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Trevor B
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My extended family (5 families) has stayed at this cabin twice now and have booked a third trip. The cabin is wonderfully comfortable and spacious, the bedrooms comfortable, the kitchen fantastic and the deck unmatchable. The San Juan area in which it is located is largely undiscovered but filled with hikes rivaling the beauty of any of Utah's other forests and national parks and close enough to a few of them (Canyonlands, Arches) that you could make a day trip of it. There are fantastic hikes to Indian ruins in every directions you care to turn. For those not into hiking there are some ruins that are short walks. I can't imagine staying in a lodge more comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Lodgepix, Manager at Canyonlands Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Great to have your group here with us at Canyonlands Lodging! We look forward to your stay with us next year!

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed one night at the Grist Mill Inn in Monticello while hopping between Arches NP and Canyonlands NP. Ben and Crystal and their one-year-old son Jackson were AWESOME. They took care of us as well as anyone ever has on a vacation. Our two families took the entire second floor, stayed in three memorable rooms and all 13 of us watched a video together in second floor sitting area. The aebleskiver breakfast was the best of the trip and one of our top 10 highlights of the entire trip which included 4 national parks and Goblin Valley. The building is extremely memorable and the service even more so. "This is the Place" to stay in Southeast Utah!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CraigSaltLakeCity_UT
Lodgepix, Public Relations Manager at Canyonlands Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for your response. You too were such good people and we had such a great time having you here. Our guests are so pleasant and you are welcome anytime and bring your friends with you.. Thank You

Reviewed September 30, 2011

we (6 families) had wonderful time get together there, great location to stay if you lan to visitting Canyonlansd, Arches... National Parks, we are so happy to eat, sleep, laugh together, I will recommend to anyone with large groups, or even just couple family, becasue the fee is great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Your group was so fun and thank you for coming. We love groups like yours, and most of our guests are the very best. Thank You,