“Great pool and a view of the mountains!”
Review of Inn at the Canyons

Inn at the Canyons
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night with our children, ages 5 and 2 years. We were in room 202, on the top/second floor with a beautiful mountain view. The indoor pool was great - very large in a room with wooden ceiling and beams and lots of living green plants. It was clean and there were large pool towels and chaise lounges. The hot tub was hot.

Our five year old slept in the second bed and our two year in a pack n play. The beds were a bit hard and springy and the pillows too lofty, but otherwise the room was comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave.

Finally, breakfast was standard but good and included in the price! Self-made waffles, cereal, hard-boiled eggs were the highlights.

All in all, the atmosphere is welcoming and we had a fine time. I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank travels_with_kids_75
There are newer reviews for Inn at the Canyons

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are touring the Utah parks and needed a place in Monticello. This is by far the best place in the town. Our room was clean, cool and had a fridge and a microwave. I would say the only drawback is that we had to lug our luggage up one flight of stairs. The pool was clean and BIG and the hot tub quite nice. The breakfast was fresh - though continental - no hot food. If we are in the area, we would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

When I travel I just need a clean place to sleep, and to keep my stuff safe while I'm out exploring. This place fit the bill. The kids loved the pool. The breakfast was good, the even had a waffle iron to make mini waffles, great for the little ones while the adults had regular sized waffles. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our first and last stay at this hotel. We chose it for its location and because it was touted as being pet friendly on its website. We booked online noting we were staying with our small dog. When we arrived, Julia at the front desk informed my mother that all the pet rooms were sold out. My mother mentioned her online booking and Julia found it necessary to check my mom's story, rifling through paperwork until she found that my mom had indeed indicated a pet. She said she would allow us to stay in a non-pet room as long as our dog remain in her kennel at all times. Our dog is a pug with epilepsy and she doesn't breathe very well let alone stuffed in a kennel. But we were tired. I was pregnant and had promised my son a dip in the pool. Think "pet tolerant"when booking your stay. This accommodation in non pet rooms meant he had to hike two flights of stairs carrying our luggage and the dog kennel. Also we had to carry her up and down stairs to take her out to the grass. Not convenient but the sheets looked clean. At the pool two frayed towels were left in the basket. I wrapped my son and I in the towels and headed back to the room. On the way Julia who I had not met yet stopped me and said "be sure to return those towels back down here when you're done with them okay." I said really? She said yes as my son shivered in the hallway. The housekeeping couldn't get the towels with the wash in the morning? Was I going to drive off with the crappy frayed towel? I delivered my son to the rooms and walked back to the front desk with the towels. I asked for a manager. She said she was sort of a manager. I said. I wanted to let management know I was disappointed with the stay. She said what do you mean? I mentioned above (out of breath from hauling my damp pregnant body downstairs). She argued that it was not inconvenient and that...I stopped her. Now she was going to tell me I was wrongabout the customer service. Too bad. We like to spend our money on boutique hotels rather than chains. That said, chains tend to train employees on hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014
xanade, Owner at Inn at the Canyons, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2015

Thanks for your stay and review. after reading your review ideas ready to terminate that employee, so I watched and listened to the 4 cameras in the lobby. I won't say much but suffice to say I actually complimented my employee on keeping her composure. Unless my earsand eyes deceive me your story is not what I watched. I truly am sorry you for so furious. Jared. Owner. Inn at the canyons

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed at the Inn at the Canyons while in Monticello for a conference (seriously). It is a bit older and some of the furnishings and decor are a bit dated. However, it was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the lighting was pretty good. I stayed for three nights and was very comfortable. The air conditioning worked well, there were no weird smells, and it was relatively quiet. I stayed in room 119 which is at the south end of the hallway on the first floor. I didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked very nice. I only have a few relatively minor complaints. The outlets in my room were "loose". The charger for my phone and laptop fell out of them easily. That was a pretty strange. I've never used a outlet where the plug wouldn't stay in it. All of the outlets in the room were like that. The mini-fridge thermostat was off. It easily froze everything I placed within it. There was no fitness center. I would stay at the Inn at the Canyons again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 119. It was close to the outside door and at the end of the hall. I thought it was...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Small town inn with big city service. Got an extra soft blanket with no difficulty, husband likes air conditioning. Decent breakfast in the morning. And bonus, saw deer in the fields behind the inn at sunset!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 3, 2014

In this motel you get an excellent room and a good breakfast. It is new and comfortable. It has the build for a 5 star motel. For us the problem was that that there is a problem with the wind. We sleep, if posssible, with the window opened. In the middle of the night we woke up because the door of the room was banging because of a heavy draught to the corridor. Putting a towel between the door and the door post helped a bit, but we didn't get a quiet sleep. Something is not right in the closing of the doors from the corridors to the outside. When I mentioned this the next morning to the staff, I did not get the feeling that they thought this was a problem. Maybe here lies a chance for improvement, because in the breakfast area the attention of the staff was also minimal.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msp60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
The Monticello Inn
#4 of 7 in Blanding
Canyonlands Lodging
Canyonlands Lodging
#1 of 5 in Monticello

Been to Inn at the Canyons? Share your experiences!