Inn at the Canyons
$76
Official Site
Gateway Inn(Blanding)
$74
Stone Lizard Lodging(Blanding)(Great Value!)
$119
The Cliff Palace(Blanding)(Great Value!)
$86
$75
Travelocity
$95
All reviewshot tubindoor pooloatmealthe ownertropical plantsno elevatorsmall townin townfirst floorcontinental breakfastplace to stayhard boiled eggsthe breakfast arearoom was cleancold cerealpleasant stayplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a great hotel for the price! Breakfast was included; it was so-so, but for the price of our stay, it was a welcome surprise. We will definitely stay here again. The pool area was clean. The hot tub was a bit over chlorinated for me, but at least I didn't worry about catching anything. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We didn't hear our neighbors in the other rooms so the walls seemed soundproofed. The location is very convenient to the Four Corners area and the Needles area of Canyonlands. Wished we had stayed here two days instead of the extra day in Moab.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DonnaE316
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Looks nothing from the outside but inside very different. Really comfortable and clean and great staff who gave us a range of options for dinner. Well positioned for both Arches and Canyonlands would definately use again if in the area. All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard195418
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was the perfect choice for my husband and I. We had been on the road for over 12 hours and hoping for somewhere nice at a good price.
The positives: great staff! You'll love Teresa and Esther, they went out of their way to help us get to our next destination. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic, as a diabetic I was surprised to see that there were diabetic friendly choices along with your normal options. The room was clean and a nice size, comfortable beds and nice pillows. The price was much lower than we expected!
The negatives: the pool and hot tub were both closed. I was looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub but that wasn't possible.

All in all it was a great experience. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Great place to stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy D
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Inexpensive, basic hotel. The reception area was clean and nice, my room was nice and clean, not fancy, but, for the price, very nice. If you are just passing through, this is your place. If you are looking for something more fancy or upscale, well, you'll be a long ways from this little town! Only change I would suggest would be an in-room coffee maker. However, it’s a small hotel and coffee is just a few steps away in the breakfast area.

2nd stay, one week later: pretty much the same, except that I had lost my cell phone, I did not have a prepaid phone card, and the hotel does not allow long distance calls billed to the room. When I went to the front desk to ask why I could not make a call from my room, the front desk clerk answered me, and then, without my asking, loaned me his personal cell phone so I could call my wife. Kudos to this young man, and to the hotel for hiring such quality people.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KeldiKlutz
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a very decent, clean, reasonably priced motel. Even so, may I recommend Moab instead of Monticello? As the owner of this hotel noted, there are no good, mid-priced restaurants in town, especially in the off-season. There are tiny pizza and taco restaurants (one in a gas station), and there is one really expensive restaurant (that we didn’t visit) outside of town. Conversely in Moab there are many options.

As for the hotel, the room was a nice size and because of the layout of the hotel, there was no traffic noise. This layout also means there are no views for half of the rooms in the hotel, as they face the pool through a small courtyard. The rooms are not in perfect shape, but there is little to complain about for the price and we found no cleanliness issue.

Oddly, while there was no refrigerator in our room, the ice machine also stated that you were not to use it to fill coolers. So your perishables should spoil?

There are signs everywhere saying no pets, but we emailed in advance and were advised it would be OK.

Overall, a very decent hotel at a fair price.

Room Tip: Rooms face a courtyard (i.e. no privacy with shades open) or the back parking lot. You need to decide what you prefer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple