“THE place to stay in Monticello/Moab”
Review of Inn at the Canyons

Inn at the Canyons
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Monticello
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The most friendly, considerate and helpful staff I've seen at any hotel! New, nicely renovated rooms and pool. The beds are great! Clean sheets, plenty of pillows and the rooms are large and clean. Bathrooms are big and the massage shower is great. The owner is around and makes a point to see everyone and check on your stay, very down to earth, caring guy! Best rated hotel in Monticello for a reason. If you planning a trip to the area, staying at this hotel will make your trip that much better! Did I mention that this is the MOST military friendly hotel I've ever stayed at!? My stay was wicked awesome and I will absolutely stay here on my next trip!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Mike B
There are newer reviews for Inn at the Canyons

Reviewed November 17, 2011

The rooms are renovated and huge. Beds and carpets are new. The bath is large with a shower massage. Tina the counter clerk was very friendly and helpful. The owner happened to be working the graveyard shift when we came in and was a very nice salt of the earth kind of guy. A sign says they don't take pets but apparently they now have pet friendly rooms because they were very accomodating to our little four pound puppy. The price was great. Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lorin g
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I used to stay at the San Juan inn over in Mexican Hat, but when they refused to honor their winter rate I opted for Monticello as a gateway location for both Monument Valley and the Moab area. That's when I found the Inn at the canyons and I'm sure glad I did. The room rate was half of what I am usually charged in Mexican hat for countless more perks: free morning breakfast and heated indoor pool and jacuzzi. The lady at the check in was the friendliest I have encountered in a very long time and the room was spotless. I don't leave many reviews, but I am surely glad I'm leaving this because this hotel and the people who run it deserve it. Thank you, I will defenitely come back VERY soon!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank NYCAlfie
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I spent one night at the Inn at the Canyons on a recent business trip and was glad we chose to stay here. While the background decor of the room (wall coverings, basic furniture, etc.) was standard and somewhat dated, the room was clean, there were no lingering odors (the entire property is non-smoking), and the bed I slept in was wonderful: comfortable to sleep in with bedding that felt and looked a big step above what I had expected. One of my co-workers was less enthusiastic about the beds in her room, so I wondered whether I had been given a more up-to-date room than she had. I used the wireless internet with no problems at all, and data speeds were great.

The bathroom was immaculate. It had a nice tile floor, and the walls were finished with a pretty antiqued texture. The bathtub itself looked a bit old but the shower curtain and shower head were new and comfortable. The bath towels were a bit on the small side, but it didn't really bother me. I used the hot tub and was really glad to be able to soak at the end of a long, busy day. I liked the pool area, especially the tropical plants. Breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary (bagels, the usual hot drinks, toast, etc.) but met my needs. Out the window of my room, I could see a lot of deer in the fields behind the hotel. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely choose to stay here again under the same circumstances.

Room Tip: Any upstairs room on the side that's away from the road will be relatively quiet and will have a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RJSP
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have traveled quite a lot in the western U.S. and have never stayed in a place that provided more overall value. The owners (Jared and Heidi) are actively involved in the Inn's operation and it shows. The place is spotless and the staff is as cordial and helpful as any we have ever encountered. By chance, we arrived near the end of the tourist season, so we didn't experience a large number of people in the common areas (e.g., breakfast), but I doubt it would have made much difference. The place is just top-notch, with comfortable beds and plenty of water pressure in the showers. From the Inn, we drove to and hiked Canyonlands National Park and also drove over to Natural Bridges National Monument. In both cases, the drives were easy, although they take about an hour each way. That said, because the Parks are relatively remote, there really are few - if any - closer launch points. Monticello is a one-stop-light town, but it too seems to be full of friendly people. We visited a couple of restaurants, the library, and a washateria and found nothing but good service and helpful people. Frankly, we enjoyed our stay at the Inn and recommend it highly. -- Jim & Faye, Memphis, TN

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jim P
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I were traveling with my brother on a hiking trip from Moab, Utah, and onward to Durango, and spent a night here. We were quite pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room in this little town. Our room looked out over a field with mule deer grazing in the early evening. A nice surprise. We ate across the road at a local open area restaurant. Simple but good food. If you are traveling this area, I'd pick this hotel. Breakfast is simple.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travel-Bug-369
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went to Monticello for a family reunion and stayed here for 2 days. The room was big and clean and so was the indoor pool. (which was nice and warm) The manager, Tina made sure we were taken care of as did all the staff! The kids are still talking about the pool! We will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank benny a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
The Monticello Inn
#4 of 7 in Blanding
Canyonlands Lodging
Canyonlands Lodging
#1 of 5 in Monticello

Been to Inn at the Canyons? Share your experiences!