“Authentic Little Mexican Restaurant”

Monroe Mexican Food
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Love this place! Great authentic mexican food. Cute little couple that run it really do it up good. They have a special now and then that I can't spell or pronounce, but when he told me that it was delicious, he hit the nail right on the head....it was!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is more "Mexican style" food, vs American Mexican... I generally like the latter more, but can appreciate the former. Don't expect much lettuce, tomato cheese, avocado or sour cream here with your tacos or fajitas... just more of meat, spices, etc.

so... yes, the wife had the tacos, myself the fajitas.. we both enjoyed them.. good spices and good portions... just would have been nice to have something to put on them.. I guess that's the American-Mexican food preference in me.... The rice and beans were decent, too.

No margarita's or beer here...I had a horchata, that was excellent.

Service was pretty good and friendly, although we had to ring the bell to get our bill.

I'd probably would have given it 3 or 3.5 stars, but with nothing on the menu over $7.50... they get the upgrade to 4 stars.

If you're at the hot springs or just passing thru and want some decent Mexican food... this is worth the stop.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

In the middle of no-where an authentic good mex-tex restaurant. The interioir is simple, the service is polite and the food is great.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you're looking for Tex-Mex, look elsewhere. This is the real stuff, made by people who love cooking (and chatting, and welcoming you to their restaurant and Mexico, and making you feel at home...) My husband and I were in the area for work and made this a regular stop the entire time we were nearby. Each meal was exceptional.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We found this cute little authentic mexican place thanks to yelp, so we thought we would spread the word. It was the perfect stop on our drive from Los Angeles to Colorado for a tasty, filling lunch for cheap. The owner/chefs are friendly and sweet, and everything is cooked up fresh to order. We love their homemade green salsa!!
My husband had the fajitas and I had carnitas. They will bring you extra tortillas if needed. The atmosphere is simple, but clean.