“3 maybe 4 stars”
Review of Blue Boar Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Midway
Blue Boar Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Midway B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife loves the Blue Boar, me I'm so-so on it, It is a very quaint faux European hotel, with lots of interesting decor throughout.
Very comfy and homely with grand designs in the bedrooms with four poster beds and more frills and twee accessories. very much a girly place and maybe it was my male machismo kicking in but I found it all a bit over whelming.
The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfy. My major gripe was the air conditioning unit that clicked and whirred all night long keeping me awake.
Breakfast was fantastic though, a home cooked to order feast which well made up for my sleepless night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TArgt
There are newer reviews for Blue Boar Inn

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at the Blue Boar Inn this weekend for a quick get away from the city. It's a beautiful B&B in Midway Utah. We have stayed here before and the rooms are always nice, service is always good. Enjoyed dinner at the onsite restaurant that evening. My only complaint is that the website used to have a layout of the rooms on it which makes it easier to pick out a room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DreadPirateMo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Blue Boar Inn is a very unique and interesting property. The property is beautiful and is right across the street from a national aprk and is located in a neighborhood of very upscale homes. The Inn has a tremedous outdoor dining patio and is wonderfully lit in the evening. We staying in the Browning/Barrett Suite which was outstanding. It has the biggest bed I've seen and there is a small step stool provided to help you get up into it. The Inn is decorated in a very unique manner with all kinds of alpine decorations. Its abouyt 15 minutes from downtown Park City. If you decide to go to Park City take the road over the pass for some wonderful views and a look at some very expensive and lavish homes. A minor issue is that when we arrived there was no one on the front desk and I had to search for awhile to find someone to check us in. A great stay and a very unque and different property from the run of the mill hotels. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed one night before attending a conference at a larger hotel. The Inn is well appointed in a rustic Alpine style. Our room was small with a creaky bed, but had a whirlpool tub and good amenities. I was impressed that the Inn called me to let me know we had booked dinner at the same time as a large group and gave us the option of changing our time for more privacy. Dinner was good but be aware that Wednesday has a limited price fixe menu--good but we were hoping for the full menu. Breakfast (on the porch) was very good and we enjoyed chatting with the friendly (but not intrusive) innkeeper. I know some reviewers have flagged the service, we found it to be good throughout our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I went to the Blue Boar Inn for the first time in 2009 for our anniversary. Needless to say we were hooked!! This year was the third time we stayed at the inn. We love to go and stay the night (or 2) for our anniversary. The Inn staff is very friendly and has wonderful customer service. Our favorite part of the Blue Boar is the food, the food is amazing! A little on the pricey side but so, SO worth it!! The breakfast is equally as wonderful! This year we were there for Sunday brunch which was absolutely amazing.
The rooms are cozy and extremely clean. The turn down service at night is so nice. Whenever we can visit the Blue Boar Inn we will! I recommended the Blue Boar to a friend recently who went to stay for the first time with her husband, they also loved their stay. I would recommend the Blue Boar Inn to anyone wanting to just get away, and enjoy delicious food! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Over the last two years we have stayed at the inn twice. The property is beautiful and the rooms are small, but romantic. We enjoyed our first stay two years ago. Last time we stayed was a disappointment. The dinner was very expensive, but delicious. The breakfast was included and it was very good. All of the accommodations were nice and in working order.
The only reason why I would never book again at the Blue Boar Inn is because of the poor service by the receptionist. The last time we went we booked the Bed, Balloon, and Breakfast Package. For weeks prior I got calls saying that the Balloon ride was going to fall through. They wanted to change the date several times and I was easy going about the whole situation. We were excited for weeks for this getaway. The morning of I caught the flu bug. I called the Inn and they were not helpful at all. I asked the receptionist if there was anyway we could change our reservations to any other night and she told me, "Sure, but we will still charge you for tonight." I like the Inn but sometimes there are situations when exceptions need to be made. So with a fever of 102 degrees farenheit, chills and throwing up my husband and I headed off to the inn. I really felt bad for the people who got our room after us because I knew they would probably catch it too. Most of the evening was not spent at the inn but at the local IHC Instacare. The balloon ride was beautiul. It was well worth it if you have never been on a balloon before. The only problem we had with that was because of the flu. I spent the ride throwing up, which wasn't fun for the two other couples in the balloon and the pilot. Great inn they just need to change their service to be customer oriented.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Robert Frost room our first stay.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GOAMY2PARADISE
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Blue Boar Inn's facilities are still fine. It is in a lovely location, right across from a state park and near golfing. This is a true inn, not a bed and breakfast, which means you are getting less individual attention than you would at a B&B. In exchange for that, however, you have access to to a full-service restaurant and a little pub.

Our room was fine, particularly the huge soaking/jetted tub and the ultra-quiet and really efficient air conditioning.

But the service is just not what it should be for an inn at this price point, particularly when there are so many other options nearby. We experienced awkward check-in, including palpable friction between the desk agent (who was on the phone for a long time when we arrived) and the "bell boy" (who, too his credit, decided to try to check us in so we didn't have to stand there waiting). Guests should never see friction between staff, imho. We had trouble communicating our needs throughout our stay. No explanations of our room when we were shown it upon check in, for instance -- and with the complicated television/DVD set up, boy would that have been helpful. There's no sense of a concierge mindset at all -- you're on your own at this establishment. We were disappointed by a lack of polish to the entire experience, including having a chamber maid go ahead and try to open our door at around the dinner hour to do the turn down service, despite our door having the do not disturb sign (we were changing for dinner!).

The restaurant has also declined, again primarily because of service. And there is poor communication between the front desk and the restaurant which led us to not be able to take advantage of an internet special on dinner during our stay.

In thinking about what we paid for our room versus what we paid to stay at the Sky Lodge in Park City... well, the price difference is not really all that much compared to the difference in quality.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
#9 of 60 in Park City
Newpark Resort & Hotel
Newpark Resort & Hotel
#12 of 60 in Park City

Been to Blue Boar Inn? Share your experiences!