“I Would Stay Here If I payed About The Same As A Hampton Inn .”

Zermatt Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I Felt It Was As Nice As A 2 To 3 Star And Any Time It Came For The Staff To Serve Their Guests It was Cold And Somewhat Reluctant. They Went ThroughThe Motions Because They Had To, Not Because They Wanted To Help And Make The Stay Enjoyable, And Relaxing.We Do Not Go To Resorts Like This Because We Are Obligated To, We Go to Resorts To Enjoy And Relax. Me And My Wife Did Not Make Any Fuss About anything That We Experienced But When We returned Home I Was Asked To Fill Out A Questionnaire And I Did So Truthfully, And Come To Find Out They Only Did That Out Of Obligation With No Intent To Correct The issues That Happened Or Even A "Thanks For The Info, We Will Work On That" Bottom Line A 2 Star Place Not Bad But Not good. They Do Nothing To Make Your Stay Special.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jImmybugoy

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The staff is great, the property wonderful. The rooms are cramped, and the on site food choices make this hotel a less than one star, overpriced, pay toilet. The walls are so thin that you cannot tell where all of the noise is coming from unless it is right above you, which it was. After three call to ask who was winning the basketball game going on over head the noise finally diminished enough to sleep. We almost had to call the police to stop the racket at 12:30 pm. If you are a heavy sleeper you won't mind.

We choked down a pathetic attempt at what they were audacious enough to call schnitzel (over cooked) and spetzle (rancid) at the bistro by the checkout counter. Went across the way to the Tea Room, and they were out of everything. We finally escaped after being overcharged for everything. Frozen pizza for $54 and an unusable soak and swim that cost $32 extra.

Management was non existent for a staff that was well trained and unbelievably caring, and on top of taking care of the guests. At least the sheets were clean.

Room Tip: Stay in Park City or Deer Valley
2  Thank icarusxat
TripXpert1, Manager at Zermatt Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear icarusxat,
I would like to first apologize for the disturbance caused by the guests above you. We do our best to resolve noise complaints in a diplomatic manner whenever they occur, and I can't help but think that this lack of sleep played a role in the rest of your stay. Your comments regarding our wood fired pizza and other menu items have been forwarded to our Executive Chef so he can ensure a consistent product is being delivered to each of the outlets. Thank you for alerting us to a possible problem we were not aware of.
We take great pride in the service that our team provides and I would like to thank you for recognizing our staff for their job well done. I trust you also found them to be empowered to handle any situation that is presented to them as that is the style in which we lead them.
I'm not sure the circumstances that led to you not being able to use your soak and swim vouchers. They normally have a very flexible schedule and are motivated to get each and every guest in to see the wonder that is the crater.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel if you would like to discuss in further detail. And again, my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Recently spent a few days @ Quilfest Conference @ the resort. We were greeted at the front entrance by valets, who took baggage, bags, and more bags, sewing machines, and us to our rooms. Cars were taken to the parking lot, and returned upon request and need. Lunches were well prepared, well plated, and served to 200 guests during lunch break. A large exhibition hall provided for quilt show and vendors across the front drive. We were 'cared for' in very gracious manner- attentive, friendly staff available to meet our needs and answer questions no matter what or when! Not all rooms are equipped with refrigerators or microwaves, so make plans and requests early.

Room Tip: Microwave and refrigerator available in limited number of rooms, so make your plans early.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank savvychef
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in Zermatt in early October and it was so beautiful. The room was clean and spacious and we got a great discount for staying in the off season. The food was reasonably priced especially at the bakery downstairs. In Midway there were a couple places to eat that we found very affordable and DELICIOUS!!!! We did many activities outdoors including putt-putt at the resort but also found our way to trails, golf, and The Crater was very unique and relaxing. Overall we would come back!!!! The staff was friendly and professional!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Let me start by saying I really enjoyed our stay at the Zermatt. Highlighted by the Homestead Crater swim – Amazing! The room was nice nothing that blew me away, but clean and comfortable.

We visited with my wife and me but I noticed that they had a lot of very family friendly activities that are free for guest. Mini golf, shuffle board, life size chess board, awesome pool and hot tub, and goats to feed. I think we will visit again with our children.

So overall our stay was quite enjoyable. If I had any complaints it was that the resort seemed to be a little understaffed. It is October, slow time for area, not summer but not quite ski season. so I can understand.

Let me give you a couple of examples. We used the free complimentary valet parking when we arrived at the resort which was nice. When we went to retrieve the car for an outing. We could not see a valet attendant. So we waited a few min and no one came. We finally went to ask the front desk where the attendant was, he was running the shuttle to the crater swim. We had to wait for about 15 min to get our car. Not a huge inconvenience but still a little off putting.

We also eat at Matty’s Bistro for breakfast. It was good. Portions seemed a little small for the price, but overall a good breakfast. Wife loved the Pan Purdue, the strawberry balsamic compote was very tasty. But again there we experienced under staffing. There was only one waiter for the entire place. Several large groups came in right after us. The waiter tried to do his best, but he is only one guy he couldn't do it all. It took us a long time to get our food and 25 min to get our check after we were done eating.

Overall I really liked the Zermatt and I think we will return with our family. But if your one of those, what I like to call, poodle travelers, high maintenance and whines about everything. Just know everything runs a little slower in Midway.

1  Thank Travis G
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Staff was friendly and rooms clean and comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was so weak I had to help my wife rinse her hair with a cup of water from the sink. The temperature kept changing from burning to freezing. Our room faced the parking lot and there was a noise all night from some sort of electrical or heating equipment outside. The walls were also not very quiet as we could hear everything our neighbors said as they prepared to leave early the next morning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard were quieter according to others who traveled in our group.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hubby and I desperately needed a moment away from the house and our evening was wonderful. Relaxing and quiet. Front desk staff was friendly and competent. Dennis at Matty's Bistro was the best! We thoroughly enjoyed the Eggs Benedict for breakfast also. Z's dinner was superb and I highly recommend the Eggplant. Good time!

1  Thank Kelly P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
#8 of 60 in Park City
Montage Deer Valley
Montage Deer Valley
#3 of 60 in Park City

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa, A Trademark Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!