“Beautiful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
South Jordan, Utah
“Beautiful”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We brought our family of 6 to the mountains of Midway for a Fall Getaway. The Zermatt is secluded and quiet and we loved being surrounded by the beautiful autumn colors of the mountains. The suite we stayed in was wonderful. You can't beat having a master suite, a room for the kids, and a living room and kitchen. We didn't feel crowded and the rooms and bedding are sumptuous.The indoor/outdoor pool was a big hit with our family, it is very nice. We loved walking around and visiting the goats, playing mini golf on the executive putting range, we walked and looked at the crater and had dinner at Mattie's. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely come back. We did have a groupon which made it affordable, otherwise the rooms are a little pricey.

Room Tip: We liked having a ground floor room. The master suite has doors that opened to the outside and we p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jbhyde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Murray, Utah
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A few of my friends & I decided to do an overnight stay coupled with a crater paddleboard yoga class last week. In short, it was heavenly & well, too short. We were warmly greeted by two very sweet & extremely helpful valets who saw to our every need. The class was other worldly. (Thanks to Julia at Park City Yoga Adventures!!) We all loved it. When you couple yoga with that healing water/environment, you just can't beat it. The ambiance of the hotel was wonderful. The sound of the waterfall & alluring scent of eucalyptus invited me to my morning workout. The fall leaves & beautiful views from atop the crater across the street were so inspiring. The cafe made it easy to grab something quickly & less expensive on our way & the fudge across the street at Homestead was wonderful, as always. We had a late supper after yoga, at Cafe Galleria & their mushroom wood oven fired pizza was a perfect finish for the night. The staff was really sweet as we all piled in a little to close to closing time. The next day we wrapped up with a long lunch at the yummy Mexican restaurant in Midway, Taharumara (I think I'm spelling that correctly.) The name honestly threw me, as it sounds more like East Indian cuisine, but once you're inside, there's no replacing that yummy salsa bar & quick witted waiter. The cuisine has a variety of traditional Tex-Mex styles, coupled with new twists on old favorites. The corn truffle tamales were wonderful!! We're already planning the next getaway. From Utah Valley & Salt Lake Valley it was an easy trip but felt like a complete retreat away. Next time, we'll have to save time to hike by Deer Creek & also Cascade Springs....

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jenelle K
Provo, Utah
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall we were extremely disappointed in our stay at the Zermatt. We went up for a quick anniversary trip and for the amount of money we spent we were extremely disappointed. We did the Crater swim, which on the website makes it seem amazing. When in fact it's just a small hole in the ground, with dirty life-jackets and too many people.

The hotel was clean, but the staff was lacking. Both the front desk attendants when we arrived and left seemed extremely unfriendly and not welcoming at all.

We ate breakfast at the Matty's Bistro and had to wait 20 min to even get our waters. There was only one waitress for the entire place and more people than she could handle. We ordered the french toast, which was alright but we definitely had wished we had gone somewhere else with better prices and service.

The room looked nice, but trying to figure out the TV was a mess and they had no directory to inform us what was on each channel. I haven't seen a cable system so out-dated in a while. And the bed was so uncomfortable that both my husband and I were sore the next day.

Overall I would stay in Park City next time, this resort is more expensive and not quite up to par.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Price, Utah
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you have more then one bed the rooms are very small no room for suitcase. Maybe if you only stay one night it would be ok. The staff are very friendly no microwave or fridge in room the ice maker did not work on or floor. This is NOT a place I would say OH i need to go back there

Room Tip: Try only one bed not good for family or if you need more then one bed room to small
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
utah
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We visit this location every fall. The colors in the mountains are fantastic. Zermatt is a nice secluded location with plenty of options for adventure. The hotel is always clean and comfortable. The smoke detector in the master bedroom of our unit was chirping when we showed up. I made the call to the front desk, within 10 minutes someone was there to fix it. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen has dinner servcie for 4, the hallways are quiet. Nice get-away!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. The grounds are beautiful. There is a carousel in the back kids can ride. I think it is worth visiting, but not worth staying at. The room did not have a fridge or a microwave. Drinks had to be kept on ice. There are 2 water bottles, left out warm, with a note that if you use them you will be charged $3 each. The rooms are clean with many pillows to choose from. The washer on the shower head was broken in our room, so when we showered it sprayed everywhere. I didn't want to switch rooms by this time so we just tied a hand towel around the leak. I think they want you to order all your food, so you can order basic snacks in the middle of the night with room service. The pool is nice looking, I didn't swim in it because if was full of large families. I think next time I may stop in for putting golf, or a walk, maybe visit the restaurants when it is warm enough to sit on a patio, but I don't think I will sleep here again. I prefer the homestead resort, across the street which is also owned by Zermott, because it has more in room amenities that you expect in a hotel for a lower price. I am staying there the second night instead of here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori M
Kaysville, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a beautiful place in a very quiet yet adventurous area. Right next to the mountains with all the amenities you could ever need with Spa, restaurant, lounge and very close to a cute little town. This is the perfect place for families, couples or business.

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice and prefer the rooms that have a balcony or walk out patio. I am sure you p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
Montage Deer Valley
Montage Deer Valley
#3 of 60 in Park City
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!