“what a lovely place !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Honolulu, Hawaii
“what a lovely place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We absolutly loved Zermatt! Stayed for a week, short driving to ski resorts nearby. Super friendly and helpful staff, very clean all over, hot cider and coffee in a lobby was a nice touch. Amazing amenities-- jacuzzi with waterfall, steam room, relaxation rooms....
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: rooms with fireplace are very nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Springville, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had a great stay and used a Living Social voucher to get a great deal on our room. The room was clean, neat and beautiful. We loved all the beautiful furniture throughout the Zermatt Hotel. Great service by the front desk! And I swam in the pool on the 1st floor and was comfy warm while I peered out the window at the falling snow. Z's Chop and Steak Haus had a great atmosphere, the service was superb, and the flavors of the food were so unique and different. The music playing completed our wonderful birthday evening. I'd suggest it to anyone.

Room Tip: Use the vouchers available from Living Social deals.
Sandy, Utah, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We reserved this hotel to celebrate my moms 80th birthday. The hotel is beautiful and interesting. There is music playing on the grounds which makes it fund. And there are a couple of shops to visit for fund such as a bakery you can visit too. Our room was beautiful and nice and clean. In addition, staff were pleasant and very courteous. So in terms of the hotel, I thought it was great for a stay.

With respect to the on-site restaurant, I very much disliked my experience there and thought it a terrible value. In short, I spent $112 and my entire family left hungry and were asking for food later on. This is partly because we couldnt afford to order much. Meals items, even sauces, are all ala carte and each item is highly overpriced for the size. For example, a six ounce steak with absolutely nothing else was $24. Consequently, each in our family just a meat and a side. Once we ordered, it took a long time to get our meals, over 40 minutes. Once we got the food, what there was of it tasted good. As an example, my daughter paid $18 for just her entree and got 2 half dollar sized medallions. It was like one of those movies where they make fun of the high priced restaurants only this was real. You could argue that we paid for the atmosphere and the superbness of the steak but I didn't see it. My wife and I genuinely felt like we'd been courteously robbed. You can get me to a restaurant like this once but not again and I certainly wont forget to warn people I know. The chef and serving staff were superb and did what they were trained to do so I have no qualms with them. The resort could learn a lot from the HUB diner in Heber. We ate there the next day. Servings were ample, service fast, and prices quite reasonable. If you can afford very expensive fare more power to you but you may want to find an alternative.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dirk P
TripXpert1, Manager at Zermatt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Dirk P,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel aspect of your stay, but sorry that the meal you describe wasn't as well received.
I sincerely hope that you will come back to visit us again. We have several dining options here at the resort, and I feel confident that we have a restaurant your family will enjoy. There are menus available at the Front Desk, and the staff is always happy to make suggestions to suit your needs.
We hope to see you soon!

Eric Clark
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was one of the organizers of a conference that we held at Zermatt so I not only got to experience how amazing the rooms are (with spa baths and fireplaces) but also interact with the most professional, caring team ever! I can not rate this team and resort any higher! Absolutely awesome on all levels! This resort is great for businesses AND for families. They also have a WONDERFUL pool/spa that has a waterfall and a indoor/outdoor pool that is connected with a swimming path to and from each side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bountiful, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Zermat was wonderful. The room was cozy and the staff was helpful and attentive. We really enjoyed our stay. This newer hotel is overlooked but it is the gem in the area of Midway. We were treated well at the Adventure Haus when I needed a tune up on my snowboard

Room Tip: The Zermatt is often overlooked because it is so close to the, better established, Homestead Resort...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seth A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

arrived on 6th march for a four night stay. Everything about the resort exceeded my expectations by far. The rooms are fantastic, hotel is spotless, and the staff work hard to ensure your stay is very comfortable. please thank the man who went out of his way to get water, milk and sugar for me as rquested, cant remember his name but he is an ex teacher, fantastic service hotel has a good guy there.

Room Tip: villes were lovely
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

First the good news, my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and the staff was very accommodating and upgraded us to a Jr. suite which was very nice. A comfy King sized bed, fireplace, and sitting area. This was all very clean and nice. The pool/spa area is very nice as well with a large swimming pool that has a hatch to swim outside.
The downside for us was expectations. We had lunch at the Bistro, which looks like a Swiss pub without a bar. Again, this was clean the food okay (we had burgers) but the atmosphere was a little sterile. We might have stayed longer if we could've sat at a bar and watched the tv that was behind the server area. I guess our gripe was there was no sitting/activity room, a place to sit and talk, read the paper, a book,or enjoy a cocktail. The lobby is nice with some comfortable chairs and a fireplace, but that is not the same. Also, my sister ordered us an amenity (fruit and cheese plate) which we never got. We knew nothing of this, she told me when we got home.
We did enjoy the Crater next door at the Homestead Resort. I highly recommend this activity as it is very unique. We didn't take advantage of the Spa, I'm sure it is very nice.
This resort is geared for families which is fantastic! Our problem was we left ours at home and wanted a grown up getaway! Maybe this is a better place in the summer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
TripXpert1, General Manager at Zermatt Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Roxee2010,
Happy Anniversary from all of us at Zermatt Resort! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort, but it sounds like we have some fine tuning to do to personalize your next couples getaway.
When you visit again may I suggest you take advantage of our billiards room above the lobby or relax in the library prior to indulging yourselves in a couples retreat to the spa. A romantic candle lit dinner at Z Chop Haus is the perfect way to top off a special day like this.
If you join us in the winter I recommend a moonlight snowshoe hike for two. You're correct in saying that the summer months offer more outdoor relaxation areas and activities. Horseshoes, life-size chess, and an executive putting course to name a few.
I'm so sorry that you didn't receive the amenity that your sister ordered. Thank you for letting us know. We know how important those special touches are and I assure you we'll use your feedback as an opportunity to strengthen our procedures so this won’t happen again.

Eric Clark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#4 of 60 in Park City
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!