“Such Friendly People”

Zermatt Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was up there for an Indie Film shoot and the people at the Zermatt were so helpful and accommodating to us.
The rooms are clean and very nice. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are fluffy… almost too fluffy. When I first laid down on them, they swallowed my head.
They have a small bakery near the main entrance where I got one of the best breakfast sandwiches ever, and really was not a bad price.
I have nothing bad to say about the Zermatt.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Cambree C
Reviewed February 4, 2013

They have the coolest pool I've been to yet. It is indoor/outdoor with a little tunnel. The hot tub has a giant waterfall that beats down on your back if you sit under it and I loved that. The food in their cafe is good but pricey. The staff are all very professional and kind. We even got a free upgrade from a basic room to a honeymoon suite. We look forward to going back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice resort. Just empty in September. Not their fault we went at the height of their off season. Nice room. Beautiful area of Utah. But our favorite was Z Chop Haus. Lovely restaurant, fantastic service. We went twice while we were there. That I give 5 stars....

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janjac3
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I liked everything about this hotel. The service was excellent. They had free valet (of course, you have to tip) which was great when you came back from a long day playing in the snow and you are freezing and tired. The indoor pool/hot tub area was really nice.

The restaurant in the lobby had great pizza and decent breakfast (but the coffee is terrible). The bakery was not as good: we ordered croissants and they were cold and not fresh so we never went back.

It's 20 minutes to Park City.

The Crater is very very cool. You do not have to pay to go in and look around.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went with my wife to Z Chop Haus last night. The service was outstanding, and the food was even better. Do not miss the crab cakes. They are all crab (not sure how they keep them together!) and the dry aged steaks were cooked perfectly. They have excellent sea salt and cracked pepper on the table, which highlighted the beef nicely. A couple demi-glaze sauces on the side, and we were in heaven.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Came for just one night while skiing at nearby Sundance. Did not want to pay the $500 a night at Sundance so I opted for the Zermatt. Hotel was nice and the grounds were pretty with all the snow falling. Hotel occupancy was less than 10% but I was given a room on the ground floor at check in. When asking if there was a nicer location on a higher floor I was told that since I booked on Expedia there was no upgrade available. I'm not sure it would have cost them much to offer an upgrade when almost all the rooms were empty. I finally was given a room on the 2nd floor which was nice but the attitude of the desk agent was not what I expect when checking in to a hotel that's 90% empty. All of the staff were nice and helpful but the check in experience was what knocked the review down to a 3. I felt like a loser for booking through Expedia.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LocoTravelers
TripXpert1, General Manager at Zermatt Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

I was disappointed to read of the misunderstanding at check in and would like to take this opportunity to clarify.
We value all of our travel partners and our mutual guests they bring to us. We receive reservations directly as well as through booking sources, and offer all of our guests the same upgrades, when available, beginning at $30 per night. I apologize if this wasn't communicated to you clearly at check-in and you were left with any negative feelings.
I'm glad that we were able to move you to a room that better suited your needs. Thank you for your kind words about the rest of our staff. We agree that our location makes us a prime choice for a quick ski getaway and I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you have an opportunity to hit the slopes.

Eric Clark

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
#9 of 60 in Park City
Marriott's MountainSide
Marriott's MountainSide
#12 of 60 in Park City

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Zermatt Resort & Spa

Address: 784 Resort Dr, Midway, UT 84049-6463
Location: United States > Utah > Midway
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Price Range: $117 - $254 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Zermatt Resort & Spa 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Zermatt Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Zermatt Resort And Spa