“"AMAZING RESORT"”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Lehi
“"AMAZING RESORT"”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Zermatt as a post Christmas get-away. This resort is absolutly amazing. The alpine rooms are so nice & the staff was so helpful. The spa is also wonderful. After a swim in the Crater, a couples massage at the spa & a night at the Zermatt. We did not want to come back home. Thanks Zermatt for the great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UtahLion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Did you just step into Switzerland? You'll feel like it when you pull up to the Zermatt. The accommodations and surrounding buildings are perfectly adorned to make you feel like you're staying in a Swiss chalet. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Ours even had a mini-kitchenette(fridge, microwave, sink, 2 burner stove).

Staff are friendly and accommodating - beyond what you'd usually expect. I wanted to schedule a last minute pedicure in preparation for NYE, but unfortunately the spa was already completely booked. To my surprise the staff member I spoke with in the spa offered me my pick of nail polish to take and use and bring back later, no strings attached.

The restaurant provides delicious and reasonably priced entrees and sides and again, the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I chose Zermatt to spend our Christmas Holiday and to ski. We were there for 7 days. I'm not a skier so I can't comment on anything ski related such as distance from the Resort to the lifts, but as a Grandma watching her grandkids while their parents skied, it's a great place to be. The indoor swimming pool and hot tub was wonderful and was enjoyed by a lot of people at the same time but never felt over-crowded. Housekeeping was very friendly and worked around us if we were still in the room and always asked if there was something more we needed before they left. We were walking distance from the Homestead resort where breakfast was great and Santa greeted us at the door - what could be more fun? We also ate at the Chop Haus at Zermat. The food was delicious and the wait staff friendly at both places. Then there's the crater! Wow, what fun that was to swim in the warm waters of the crater. The drive to Park City wasn't bad at all but there is a smaller city called Midway (I think) that was closer and had a few conveniences like a grocery store, gas stations, and restaurants if you didn't want to go to Park City. We had a great time and I could go on and on but I'll just say one more thing, if you get the chance - GO! Darlene Smith

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My first thought as I was driving to the resort was this place was out of the way and too far from the glamour of Park City. Upon arrival I was met by the bell staff who was friendly and welcoming. Then he walked us in to the desk to check in. The front seat staff was just as friendly and was very efficient and checked us in quickly.

The entire week was very relaxing and quite. The drive to Park City was easy and was not as far and out of the way as I had thought. The staff at Adventure Haus was also very friendly and helpful. They were able to book all the activities we wanted to do. I will be back in the summer time to enjoy more time here.

If you're thinking about staying here, book it now.

Ron Emery

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank RonEmery
Lehi, UT
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Zermatt on November 30th. We took our four year old to see Santa at the Homestead resort across the road (Santa was fun). We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a kitchen and fireplace. It was very nice. We were very close to the pool, which was nice with a four year old. I have never seen so many kids in a hotel pool...wow. We ate at the Chop Haus on site. It was very good. We only stayed one night but the service and accomodations were great. My wife especially enjoyed the on site bakery for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I took my wife to the Zermatt for a little birthday getaway. When I spoke to the girl at the front desk a few days earlier to make the reservation I mentioned that this was in honor of the wife's birthday. About an hour after we had checked in we got a knock at the door. Room Service had brought us a tray with a large, delicious slice of chocolate cake with a couple of forks and some ice waters. Included was a note thanking us for staying there and wishing my wife a happy birthday.

If we had paid for an expensive suite, I would almost expect that type of consideration. However, we were staying in their cheapest room, and we used a deal we found online to get it half off. Despite the fact that we were clearly not the guests that make profits for the establishment, we were treated like we were just as important to them.

Beyond that, the whole place had incredible charm and class. We have been to Switzerland and Germany, and it was fun to get a taste of the experience close to home.

I give the Zermatt my highest recommendation.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank BigBennyJones
Huntsville, Utah
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Zermatt staff was outstanding as was our room. Mentioned that it was my wifes 40th and we received an awesome upgrade to a penthouse (it was a slow night). Enjoyed snorkeling in the Homestead crater acoss the street, very relaxing. The nicer restaurant at the Zermatt was closed so they recommended the Blue Boar Inn and it was a great dining expericence.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Homestead Resort
Hotel Park City, Autograph Collection
Newpark Resort & Hotel
Newpark Resort & Hotel
#12 of 60 in Park City

Been to Zermatt Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!