“Beautiful Trail Ride”

Rocky Mountain Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Midway
More attraction details
Owner description: Come by and visit Utah's Premier Guide Service. Rocky Mountain Outfitters was selected the "Guide Service of the Year"in North America by ORVIS. We strive to provide the best experience for you and your party. Fly Fishing the Blue Ribbon Waters of the Provo River, Riding Horses in the Wasatch State Park located in the Heber Valley near Park City, Horse drawn sleigh rides, Utah's best snowmobiling. We can help put together an adventure you won't soon forget. We have packages for all of Utah's funnest outdoor activities- ATV/Razor tours, Rafting trips, Ziplining, Train rides, we can package with any of these activities to fill your day with fun.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Trail Ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We went on the hour-long trail ride up to the top ridge. The scenery was beautiful and the trail guide was patient and attentive. My boyfriend had never ridden a horse before but we had a great time! She allowed us some extra time as it took some extra time in the beginning to get the novices situated and ready. And he lived to tell the tale! We recommend Rocky Mountain Outfitters to anyone who wants to spend an afternoon relaxing on horseback enjoying some beautiful scenery.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dharmagrrl365

New York City, New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Wonderful fishing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recommended by the Marriott and utah.com, they are Orvis-endorsed. Our guides Greg and Doug were friendly, patient and very helpful for our group of 3 novice flyfishermen. We fished the middle Provo on a Sunday afternoon- we caught 17 brook trout among the 3 of us and many were over 15 inches long.All equipment and flies were provided- hubby actually caught 2 brookies at once on a double nymph setup! Setting is beautiful if cold at this time of year even with neoprene footed waders. A bonus was a close sighting of a pair of sand cranes. Cannot say enough nice things about our guides, who made sure we had an enjoyable experience and taught us how to cast for these waters.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful way to go horseback riding!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went horseback riding at Rocky Mountain Outfitters (March 2013). First, let me say the scenery was unbelievable! I literally felt like I was in a movie. Our guide was super sweet and the horses were well-behaved. We both hadn't been riding in a while so we were a little bit nervous. That being said, after a couple minutes it all comes flooding back (just like riding a bike!) and it was a little annoying that the horses were not permitted to go any faster than a walk. Afterwards, I felt like it was a pretty yet expensive way to spend two hours. If I were going horseback riding again, I would look for somewhere that would be a bit more active. All in all, though, it was a lovely experience. Rocky mountain Outfitters also gets points in my book for offering 'winter' riding (although it was hot and sunny the day we were out)!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MarileeFaye
Southern California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Loved it! Can't wait to come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My kids and I went to check this place out, on the suggestion of the Worldmark resort we are staying at here in Midway. We drove up and spoke with Joe, who told us they were closing up for the day (it was after 5:00pm) but that we could come back the next day at 10:00 for a one-hour horseback ride.

We arrived a little before 10:00 and it was starting to sprinkle (rain). The girls working there were just as sweet as could be, and they left it up to us if we wanted to brave the rain. We decided to go for it. Kelsey was our guide, and she was just a doll. She even went to her car and grabbed a jacket for one of my kids, and gave me another one they had in their office, since we were not dressed for rainy weather.

We got all saddled up and off we went. My kids, two boys - 8 & 10, were a little nervous and asked a million questions. Kelsey was so patient, helpful and very informative! I asked her to take a picture of us, so she got us up to the pretties spot, hopped off of her horse and got us all lined up....and snapped a keepsake photo. She told us stories of old tales, as well as the history and showed us the Olympic training paths for the cross country skiiers. In fact, some of the trails we rode on were the tracks for the cross country events when they hosted the Olympics!

The horses were very healthy, well cared for and very gentle. The views of the valley were breathtaking. We went in October and got to see some of the most gorgeous Fall leaves I've ever seen!

We can't wait to return for some other fun activities they offer in the Winter! This was a highlight of our trip! Something my kids will never forget....

Visited October 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“No place better in utah for horseback riding.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I went horseback riding for my birthday. I researched several places and decided on Rocky Mountain Outfitters. Couldn't have made a better choice. We decided on the Cowboy Ride and it was FANTASTIC. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgable about the area and took us on a very lovely, personalized ride. She was very good with us and the horses. The horses had great personalities and were well trained and we enjoyed them very much. You need to know how to ride for the ride we went on but they have more types of rides for all experiences. I loved it!!! I loved it so much I have informed my husband that this is what I want to do every year for my birthday. Thankyou RMO for a birthday I will never forget.

2 Thank lavabasset