“Bad Customer Service”

Springdale, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bad Customer Service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We wanted to show our out of state guests one of the attractions that Utah has to offer. What a big mistake! The check in experience was fine, although the liability waiver was excessive. The cost is also high for what you get, an hour of floating in water and being repeatedly told to stay out of the way of the divers. Clearly they are the priority. If you think you are going to enjoy some natural hot springs, look elsewhere. The crater attendant, Dave, was downright rude. He sat slouched in front of his laptop and only roused himself to hurl a few insults at us. He seems unable to smile or to say "welcome" or "have a good time". Sadly, we had to apologize to our guests for their treatment and needless to say, we won't be back.

Visited December 2012
13 Thank Utahnative_13

Saratoga Springs, Utah
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Sleigh Ride”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I may have missed out on the Crater (somehow I forgot to pack my swimsuit), but the sleigh ride was a blast. The driver was friendly and informative, able to answer every question we threw at him. The main Homestead building itself is lovely and the gift shop has delicious fudge.

Visited January 2013
Maumelle, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Swim inside a geothermal hot spring!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We (three girls) arrived at the Homestead Crater on a Thursday around 1pm. In addition to us there were around 10 people getting their final scuba diving certifications which we found interesting to observe! The employees were super helpful and friendly! The water was warm and relaxing and crystal clear! The crater itself is beautiful inside and you must check it out! We will go again on our next trip to Utah!!

4 Thank ambrozia501
Toledo, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Crater experience Awesome!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

When I went it was Feb. so I loved the warm mineral water. I snorkeled I didn't have my diving equipment.. I scuba dive, so I was thrilled to find this place. I want to go back and dive they have instructors who go with if you want. It's a good way to see if like diving..They also provide the equipment. The fee is small for swimming. You need a bathing suit and towel.They provide free lockers. I had my own goggles and snorkel, You can rent them.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank rambleabout
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Small and rather boring”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I saw a brief report on the Crater in Sunset Magazine. It looked cool, so we visited the last time we were in Park City. I wish we would have spent our time/money elsewhere. The crater is very very small, and the pictures/descriptions miss to point this out. There is nothing to see or do. We had to sign two pages of paperwork (and then witness our companion's signatures!) per person and release the facility of all liability, and then on top of that we had to wear life jackets. Even the children were bored. The water is pretty blue color though and very pleasant temperature. It should be advertised as a big hot tub in an unusual location.

Visited August 2012