“Great local joint”

Cafe Galleria
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Midway
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This little restaurant has won some local awards, and has very good reviews on other websites such as http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1480154/restaurant/Salt-Lake-City/Cafe-Galleria-Midway.
Katy, Texas, United States
“Great local joint”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The BEST bagels (wood-oven baked) that I've ever had. Friendly service with local flair. The meatballs were dense and meaty, versus some that have too much breading. Salads were fresh and crisp. $6.50 corkage fee made bringing our own bottle of wine a bargain!

• Visited October 2012

Heber City, Utah
“Great Pizza!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Pizza was great and the service was good. Our waiter was very friendly and the outside seating was great. When I was younger this building was a house that my friend owned it's amazing what they have done to turn it into a restaurant. Prices were good and the kids loved it.

Utah
“Fun atmosphere with great food!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My fiance and I fell in love with this restaurant over the weekend. The restaurant is in an old house with outside seating around it. It also has an area for live music in the front yard. Between the mouth watering pizza and the entertainment, we did not want to leave.

• Visited September 2012
Park City, Utah
“Great wood fired pizza, simple and good pasta, great price!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We live in Midway, and this is a locals favorite! Cafe Galleria is NOT upscale dining, but IS a unique, "cool little find". The price is relatively inexpensive. The wood fired pizza is great, with many varieties, meat and vegetarian. During the summer there is outside dining on the lawn under the trees with quiet non-obtrusive live music (guitar player or duet). (The seating is literally on the lawn, with a few stepping stone!) Again, this is a simple, unique, eclectric dining experience! We dine in and take out. Sometime we'll order pizza and a sideorder of meatballs. I agree with fellow TA review, the service is ok, be patient (and helpful! to the staff!) It is usually busy and crowded! The pasta is basic and good. We feel fortunate to have this cool little place in our village!

Utah
“Dear Owner,”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food that makes you wanna come back, service that keeps you from doing so...

I have been here a few times and I have to say the pizza is great. Their pizza meets competition level judging aspects of this type of pizza (thin crust, wood fired). They also use san marzano tomatoes for the sauce and use the correct ratio of sauce/dough/cheese.

Unfortunately, everytime we have been here (3 times in 3 months) the service has been horrible. I don't want to be rude but a few things I have noticed all relate to service, which begins with a strong leader and clear expectation for the staff. 1. The only server I have seen there everytime is Maria and her service standards are poor at best. 2. The other servers always seem to be ancillary and either are not trained or are not allowed to assist Maria. 3. Keeping staff is hard, but I have never seen the same server twice, besides Maria.

Realistically, this place could be an all star eatery. The owners just need to wake up, if you are not willing to spend the time it takes to have a strong service team, then just change your format. I would be happy to come in place my order at the front table, pay up front, fill my own cup of soda, and either pick up my order when it is ready or hand me a table number stand so you can drop it.

Then the high school students and transient employees have half as much to learn and I don't have to feel like a martyr everytime I want to enjoy your great product!

1 Thank Bluedrd